New Pool Build – Kingwood, TX

We are finally 100% complete with the pool and outdoor kitchen build. It took a lot of saving, hard work, sweat equity and a bit of stress. Just an FYI, don't build a pool / ODK when you have a baby on the way.

I wanted to post some completed pics to finish off this thread. Maybe it will give people some ideas of what to do, or maybe what not to do.

I would have to say the outdoor kitchen area. Having done it all myself, I am pleased it came out exactly like I had envisioned it. The patio cover was the hardest thing I have ever done, but well worth it in the end.

Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks, we are fortunate to live on an acre in the city. We do love it but it takes a lot of work. We recently had a mosquito company come spray the backyard and it has been amazing. Two weeks ago Houston was blessed with San Diego weather and we spent every minute we could out there.

Very nice build. You should be proud.
Is that an outdoor rated TV? If not, let us know how long it lasts out there. I want to have something similar, but don't want to pay the premium for an outdoor rated monitor if I could get three years out of a regular indoor monitor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! This is nicer than some resorts I've visited. Just seeing this build thread for the first time. I wish I would have added rock accents around the pool instead of concentrating all the rocks together for the water fall. I love the landscaping, especially the varigated ginger. Good inspiration for me!

Fantastic. I visited your pool after it was completed so I know you really put a lot of thought, effort and time in your projects. The kitchen area had just started but it really is tremendous.

Wow! This is nicer than some resorts I've visited. Just seeing this build thread for the first time. I wish I would have added rock accents around the pool instead of concentrating all the rocks together for the water fall. I love the landscaping, especially the varigated ginger. Good inspiration for me!

Thank you! We really liked the idea when the PB presented the drawing, we even added a few more while the rock guys were there. SHHHHH! dont tell the PB.

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic. I visited your pool after it was completed so I know you really put a lot of thought, effort and time in your projects. The kitchen area had just started but it really is tremendous.

Hey Espejo! Did you even have time last year to enjoy your pool? Hope all is well.

I still have the river of doom out front, I hope to tackle that soon.

Thanks for the compliment. We are glad we moved up the start date of the pool build to make sure it was done before Harris was born. I couldn't imagine having that stress as well as being a new father. I definitely had a "wishful thinking" in regards to how much free time I would have after he was born. I had all of these plans of working on the patio / kitchen, landscaping, etc. Even though he is a great kid and my wife is amazing, it takes a team to raise little ones.

So here we are 3 months down the road. Our little one was born on April 4th.

I dont have much progress on the patio / kitchen. I just took the last two weekends to install the soffit and paint the trim. It takes a long time with 1 man. Many trips up and down the ladder and working over my head.

I am hoping to complete the electrical next weekend. Pics to follow

Goodness that baby boy is adorable!! Love the pool too! Going to check out your ODK now since my husband is planning his! Thanks for sharing!

Hey Espejo! Did you even have time last year to enjoy your pool? Hope all is well.

Sure did, I'm a little stubborn so I swam right through most of October before it got too cold. I see the "river of doom" when I cut through your neighborhood sometimes on my way home. Should be fairly easy to refill as most of my neighbors did just that after passing inspection. I still have not filled in mine but will likely do it next year after I build my outdoor structure too since the inspectors will have to come back out anyway.

Sure did, I'm a little stubborn so I swam right through most of October before it got too cold. I see the "river of doom" when I cut through your neighborhood sometimes on my way home. Should be fairly easy to refill as most of my neighbors did just that after passing inspection. I still have not filled in mine but will likely do it next year after I build my outdoor structure too since the inspectors will have to come back out anyway.

Probably a good idea!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.