New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL

After brushing and running the pump for 6 hrs on high speed, the water is now cloudy. I dumped in some acid today. Chlorine is only at 0.5 and basically it is only getting chlorine from a puck floater. Should I get a jug of chlorine tomorrow and dump it in?

Pump has been on at low speed overnight and high speed during brushing and a few hours after. PH today was 8.2 so I dumped in some acid. The directions I got from the pb was brsih daily, check ph and put in addition chlorine pucks after the current ones dissolve.

You should be running the pump 24/7 at a medium speed for the first couple weeks or until all of the plaster dust has been removed

After brushing and running the pump for 6 hrs on high speed, the water is now cloudy. I dumped in some acid today. Chlorine is only at 0.5 and basically it is only getting chlorine from a puck floater. Should I get a jug of chlorine tomorrow and dump it in?

Pump has been on at low speed overnight and high speed during brushing and a few hours after. PH today was 8.2 so I dumped in some acid. The directions I got from the pb was brsih daily, check ph and put in addition chlorine pucks after the current ones dissolve.

Do what Brian says and add liquid chlorine.

The cloudiness might just be dust.

So I am have a question for new pools. I am getting new white patches of what it looks to be scaling. I am not sure why. Today is day 6 with water in the pool.

Day 1 pool was filled.
Day 2 Checked the next day, PH was 9, PB dumped in acid.
Day 3, PH went down to 7
Day 4, PH went up to 8, dumped in acid
Day 5, PH was 7.8, dumped in acid, checked 3 hours later went down to 6.8
Day 6, PH is 7.4, dumped in some acid.

So the PH is not that high so I don't understand the new patches that are developing.

-Sigh-

Interior finish guy came out and said there's scaling inside the entire pool. He displayed to me an example of what my pebble finish should look like by placing a patch of this anti-scaling powder into the pool..as the powder works its magic, I indeed can tell that my pebble finish should be much bluer than its current state. No wonder I thought the water color changed vs the first two days.

I asked him what the next steps should be, and he said either drain + acid wash or dump a bunch of acid into the pool, brings ph down and let it sit a few days. He said usually they don't do the drain + acid wash.

Can't believe scaling happens so fast! Ph was out of control for like 1 day in the 8s and this happens.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't know what the PB did for start up but I never put any calcium, soda ash, or baking soda into the pool. From my standpoint, PB just added some acid, CYA and 2 chlorine pucks in the floater. He left me with 4 chlorine pucks and a case of acid, told me to add 3/4 bottle every 3 days and replace chlorine puck when it's dissolved.

I did do the following that was not suggested by the PB.
1. I checked ph and added 3/4 bottle of acid 1 day early because it was 8.2 on the third day
2. I added MORE acid the next day because ph was still high
3. I dumped in way too much chlorine myself (day 4) because FC was around 0.5 daily. FC became 7-10 after I dumped in too much.

Chlorine today..4 days after the dump, is back to 0.5. I checked CYA today and it's around 35ish. Today's PH is 6.8, and has been 6.8 the past 2 days.

The lady on the phone also didn't believe I have scaling, but decided it must be scaling because that anti-scale powder used for detection was bubbling and removed scale where it was put on.

Howdy neighrbor! Should be looking great once you get through this patch. One question, why do you give a large range for FC? How are you testing? With pool math you should be able to know how much chlorine to add and then with your test kit you should be able to get an accurate reading with the Drop test.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Howdy neighrbor! Should be looking great once you get through this patch. One question, why do you give a large range for FC? How are you testing? With pool math you should be able to know how much chlorine to add and then with your test kit you should be able to get an accurate reading with the Drop test.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I am guessing the FC when it passes 5. I didn't bother to do a more accurate FC test because my purpose was not to shock the pool but to bump up the FC because someone said my cloudy water may be algae.

Can someone please explain to me how skimmer sock works? I am trying to use a skimmer sock to prevent small pebbles from going into the pergola rain curtain because none of that water is filtered. My skimmer has a inlet lip in which I think that's where pool water dumps in. When I put the filter sock over the stop of the skimmer, I don't think the sock is working at all since water just goes under the sock from the pool. Am I suppose to cut a hole where that inlet lip is?

The sock goes in the skimmer basket and acts as a filter that is finer than the small openings of the skimmer basket.

I doubt the socks will completely fix your issue though. You should probably look into a filter for this line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.