New Pool Build In Progress - IG Vinyl

think how much better you could see the bottom if I had a chance to get my troublefree pool on…haha
My municipal fill water was clean enough to drink but running the hose for 24 hours kicked up alot of sediment everytime neighbors sprinklers turned on. It took my filter a over a week to make it clear at night.

They are hauling off dirt today, running the overflow pipe out away from the pool, getting salt, chlorine, cya, ph in line.

Supposed to be in the 90's this weekend, hope to get some pool time with the family.

Haha sent pics to my BIL who just put in that baby blue fiberglass pool a month ago. Only thing he said was, how many btu's is that heater. He must be jealous, he usually can't shut up about stuff or how awesome his stuff is..LOL

Afternoon update: Robot is on site, remote for my control panel is setup, dirt all hauled off minus the small pile I wanted to keep, heater / chiller wiring is being completed, concrete has been power washed, overflow pipe is done, yard has all been smoothed back out, fence post for gate they removed will be set in new concrete today and the fence put back up tomorrow. I'm not sure on pool chemistry at this time (I will check it tonight). They are pretty much wrapping it up, still need to drill for the pool cover anchors at some point.

I picked up 2 cases of liquid chlorine from Menards at lunch, I will be in the pool with multiple drinks this weekend.

Now for my part, getting lights hung, lights on the shop, all my cameras installed and wires ran, yard seeded and strawed, screen for utilities, fence ordered and installed for section between patio and driveway. I'm sure there is a lot more but that's off the top of my head.

Last edited:
This is where I'm at. I have 25 yards of topsoil coming tomorrow and then will be seeding.

Where's a good place to buy straw?
I usually get mine from a local feed store but I’m going to buy those 8’x112’ erosion control straw blankets from menards. It’ll hold up better against the dogs.

Reactions: newdude
This is where I'm at. I have 25 yards of topsoil coming tomorrow and then will be seeding.

Where's a good place to buy straw?
Just a thought. You may want to opt for peat moss over straw. The peat will keep moisture in and will stay in place vs the straw that will make its way into your pool.

OMG what a morning...The 2 Great Danes got out of the temporary fence at 6:00am this morning. I had one of them back in the garage and she saw the other one. They bolted, it was dark and I had a hard time locating them. Finally got eyes on them but they kept on running around and not listening. After about 20 minutes I got one of them cornered and carried her home. Of course the other took off, took me 15 minutes to get her to come to me and I carried her home. I didn't have time to go back in the house and get some slip leashes. Well my back and neck are paying for carrying 90lb and 70lb dogs over 100 yards back to our house.

With that said our backyard fence will be back together today so we will be able to go out there with them and let them run off all this extra energy they've been holding in during the pool build. They will just get dirty and muddy out back but we can clean them off before coming in the house.

Had time to check some levels but this morning, was planning on checking more but by the time I got the dogs in I thought I was gonna die.

No idea what cya is right now, have to check it this afternoon.
Chlorine is at 5 but that probably doesn't matter since I don't know cya currently.
Salt is at 3200
Ph is still at 8ish, I'm guessing he didn't add the muratic acid yesterday, it was still sitting by our patio table.

I'll get a set of good numbers this evening and post them.
Basically I really wanted to know at this time if there was any chlorine and how much salt.

Guess I'm on my own with the robot and the controller for the Aquaplus.
Fence is fixed, he left me cya and muratic acid. I'll make those additions along with chlorine as needed this evening.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pics of danes please.............................I had a dane named Freddy but called Moose LOL BEST doggo ever!
Let me find some….right now they are wearing my patience out. Getting in the mud, tracking it all over the pool decking, won’t Quit drinking the pool water.

Spent over an hour brushing the pool after putting in the liquid cya he gave me. Need to add more but I’ll have to do that this weekend. Put in muriatic acid to lower the ph.

Ph was above 8
FC is at 7
Cya is 20
Salt is 3000
TA was 200, is the high PH throwing that off?
Pool temp was a little chilly at 81 when I got in.

He gave you LIQUID gold cya??? WOW that is some money right there! Go dig out the bottle it came in and add some pool water to it to shake up the goop left behind. Now if you shook it reall good before adding it then you are good.

He gave you LIQUID gold cya??? WOW that is some money right there! Go dig out the bottle it came in and add some pool water to it to shake up the goop left behind. Now if you shook it reall good before adding it then you are good.
He sure did and I rinsed that sucker out in the pool. Just need more of it but I’ll have to settle for the old sock and poweder method to top it off. Lol

Reactions: kimkats and newdude
My FC went from 7ppm last night to 10ppm this morning. Looks like he set the cell at 50%, what should I reduce it to in order to keep my FC at 7ppm? I can't make that change until I get my CYA up to 80 which I'll do tonight if I don't get home way late.

what should I reduce it to in order to keep my FC at 7ppm
You need to underproduce to lose FC until you reach your target (7), then you need to match the daily loss to maintain target.

The key is, when you screw up, you need to do it on the high side, which is safe up to SLAM, 28 FC per a 70CYA.

For now either half the % and wait it out, or shut the SWG off (or turn it to 0%) and it will be back to 7 in a day or 2.

Reactions: aftrshok99
You need to underproduce to lose FC until you reach your target (7), then you need to match the daily loss to maintain target.

The key is, when you screw up, you need to do it on the high side, which is safe up to SLAM, 28 FC per a 70CYA.

For now either half the % and wait it out, or shut the SWG off (or turn it to 0%) and it will be back to 7 in a day or 2.
For today I think I will leave it at 50% and see how much I lose from the sun burning it off.

Still trying to get that dang Ph down, added more acid this morning. That dose should do the trick.

For today I think I will leave it at 50% and see how much I lose from the sun burning it off.
As long as you are matching or overproducing, letting go it go for a few days gives you a better understanding about your average. One day means little because it could have just been a low UV day yesterday. There will be individual days where you make too much. The trick is to not micromanage at those times and let it be a bit high for the next several days.

Also, for reference going forward, 50% doesn't tell us much. 50% of 24 hours is 12 hours production and 50% of 2 hours is 1 hour production. We will forget the hours you run by the next time you ask. :crazy: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: aftrshok99
LMAO...............don't make my head hurt more.

50% of 24 hours, so yes 12 hours of production, currently. I'm always ok having it a bit high.

I'm just gonna let it go and do it's thing, not like I'll be getting much more use out of the pool swim wise. Haha

Reactions: newdude
How long are you running your pumps? 24 hours a day? My pool is just over 11000 gals, running my pump for about 12 hours a day mostly on a low speed. My percentage is set to 8%. They started mine at 50% as well. I had to turn off the SWG for a couple days to get the FC to drop.

How long are you running your pumps? 24 hours a day? My pool is just over 11000 gals, running my pump for about 12 hours a day mostly on a low speed. My percentage is set to 8%. They started mine at 50% as well. I had to turn off the SWG for a couple days to get the FC to drop.
I haven't really made any adjustments to pump run time yet, it's running 24 hours a day at 50% speed which is about 1,600 rpm. Just haven't had enough time to really figure out what will work best for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.