New Pool Build In Progress - IG Vinyl

I've never seen the flow switch mounted on another pipe split off by a piece of equipment like in this case the heater. If you had bad flow out of the heater you can fry the SWCG.
Exactly my thinking, not sure why he did that? Not enough room the way the pipes are run possibly? Oh and I also thought it would of been able to bypass the heater altogether with a valve and check valve. Can’t bypass the heater in this configuration. On one of his builds we looked at he did do a bypass.

Also thought there would be a disconnect between the pump and filter valve?

Last edited:
Looking at the heater manual. He did plumb it correctly in regards to having a bypass or not having one in the case. For my pump size and heater model, they show it as having to be plumbed like he has it, no bypass.

after looking at the manual for the cell, he could move the flow switch after the cell as long as there is 12”, which the switch can be counted as part of that 12”.

I went and measured that straight run after the cell. There is only 10” from the end of the cell to the start of the elbow. Not sure if the switch can be fit in there. Doesn’t looks like he can move the cell towards the heater enough.

I texted him about it. Hope it doesn’t make him mad. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: wireform
While he's at it let him straighten out the cell. It's hump up or with a vs pump It's recommended hump upside down so all the plates are covered in water at low rpm but nowhere does it say laying sideways is ok but that's what he left you with.

Reactions: aftrshok99
Well he put the flow switch between the heater and the cell but I don’t think there is 12” of straight run before the cell.

Ughhh

The have all the bags of salt laid out and are putting in the return eyes and were cutting out the skimmer opening.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well he put the flow switch between the heater and the cell but I don’t think there is 12” of straight run before the cell.

Ughhh

The have all the bags of salt laid out and are putting in the return eyes and were cutting out the skimmer opening.
Just curious, is it SSP or PBLSP that is doing the build? My house is going on the market soon and if I can sell it I will be putting in a new pool either in 2023 or 2024. I've dealt with SSP before. I understand if you don't want to say.

Just curious, is it SSP or PBLSP that is doing the build? My house is going on the market soon and if I can sell it I will be putting in a new pool either in 2023 or 2024. I've dealt with SSP before. I understand if you don't want to say.
PBLSP and I'm glad I went with him. For the most part (unless he forgot and messed up, but then corrected) he has paid a lot of attention on the quality of his work and has done an amazing job. I'm a perfectionist and I expect things to be done and look how I want them, within reason.

Originally when I asked for bids from SSP, PBLSP and Aloha Pools back last summer. SSP didn't even bother to get back to me after looking at my site and what I wanted, so that ruled them out right then. If you can't get back to me at all, then I don't want you doing work for me, simple as that.

I do know PBLSP is booked way out, like a year or two so you might want to get in contact with them sooner than later, if that's who you want to do your pool.

Reactions: newdude
PBLSP and I'm glad I went with him. For the most part (unless he forgot and messed up, but then corrected) he has paid a lot of attention on the quality of his work and has done an amazing job. I'm a perfectionist and I expect things to be done and look how I want them, within reason.

Originally when I asked for bids from SSP, PBLSP and Aloha Pools back last summer. SSP didn't even bother to get back to me after looking at my site and what I wanted, so that ruled them out right then. If you can't get back to me at all, then I don't want you doing work for me, simple as that.

I do know PBLSP is booked way out, like a year or two so you might want to get in contact with them sooner than later, if that's who you want to do your pool.
I figured that's who it was. Definitely better workmanship than SSP had a few years back. I'm not sure if SSP was still under the same ownership as it was back when I used them. Thanks for the input!

Pool is up and running, haven’t done any testing yet since I don’t have any liquid chlorine to dump in anyway. I’ll bust out the new test kit in a bit and grab some numbers.

Pool water temp shows a nice 78 degrees.

I just finished brushing the pool. Shows low salt on the aquaplus, 2400 but I haven’t confirmed that with the test kit.

Reactions: newdude
@kimkats, whatchu think we can do to hide the utilities on the wall of the house ? The dish is going. The rest needs access at times like the monthly meter reading.

Possible ideas:

Tall potted plants/bushes

Build a small garden box and plant for real

Frame a small box and use house siding or lattice.

Cut the back out of a tall Rubermaid shed

Asian style accordion privacy screen thingy.

@kimkats, whatchu think we can do to hide the utilities on the wall of the house ? The dish is going. The rest needs access at times like the monthly meter reading.

Possible ideas:

Tall potted plants/bushes

Build a small garden box and plant for real

Frame a small box and use house siding or lattuce.

Cut the back out of a tall Rubermaid shed

Asian style accordion privacy screen thingy.
Yes I’ve got to hide that ugly Crud. I kinda like the idea of white vinyl fencing that is movable but really not sure how that would work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.