New Pool Build In Progress - IG Vinyl

Wife is feeling better but still tired from having Covid. My oldest daughter now has Covid, just sore throat and stuffy nose.

Chances of rain have diminished so hopefully they will be on track for concrete decking Tuesday and Wednesday, then liner install Thursday.

PB showed up nice and early at 6:30, early for them anyway. Passed the concrete truck when I pulled out of the driveway at 6:45. Hopefully they make good progress today.

*Update - 9:30* Half the decking poured and they are smoothing it out, etc.

Last edited:
:party: getting SO close!
To quote one of my favorite movies.

I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more. It could be, it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out.

Really that’s about how I feel as it gets closer. It’s been a journey for sure.

Reactions: newdude
I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more. It could be, it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out

You know we're sitting on 4 million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,00 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good doesn't it ?

You know we're sitting on 4 million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,00 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good doesn't it ?
Really love that movie!!

Is that how it feels once you get in your newly completed pool on a raft for the first time?

Last edited:
Reactions: newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can smell those pictures. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats. Looking GREAT.
You must of smelled my fried bologna and cheese on toasted Texas toast I was eating.

Sooooo…..I take it my PB is not the put the ladder collars in and then pour concrete around them. Guess he cores the concrete after and puts in the collars??????

• Wow
Reactions: kimkats and newdude
Here is hoping he DOES have a plan.....................gut says nope he just forgot about them :( Hope I am wrong!

PLEASE tell me there is a plan to fill in the area UNDER the equipment pad!!!
You’re telling me!! I’m going to stick around this morning and ask about those two things. He’s done a great job so far, surely he won’t drop the ball now.

Talked to him before I left for work. He said that he uses surface mounts for ladders. Said he's been running into a lot of pools that the anchors have rusted in the concrete and they can't get the ladder bolts undone (rusted) in order to replace the ladder without cutting the concrete. He did say sometimes he forgets things but I'll just take him at his word for how he does ladder anchors. Do I have a preference on how he does them, no not really, as long as they are stable and don't get loose over a couple of seasons.

As far as the equipment pad. He said he will fill it in when he is done with the pipes, those will come up in front of the pad. Sounded like he just didn't have time to get that done before the concrete truck was scheduled. Well if you worked longer hours you would of been ready so there!!

They are going to install the liner today. I hope he gets equipment installed tomorrow. Probably gonna take awhile to even get the pool filled up to the returns using one 3/4" hose. I don't have enough hose to go from the front of the house in order to use 2 hoses.

Said he's been running into a lot of pools that the anchors have rusted in the concrete and they can't get the ladder bolts undone (rusted) in order to replace the ladder without cutting the concrete.
Mine took a sledge to remove each fall. The rails welded themselves in place so fast I stopped using the bolts/wedges the 2nd season. I chalk it up to the kids being little at the time and it got ALOT of use so it was always wet. Not only did surface dirt get wooshed in, but then the residuals left behind when the water evaporated. Anywho I was THRILLED to not need the ladder this time.

The surface mount for you really won't need to take much stress as the full body weight will be on the wall, not the anchors. The rails for you are more for balance.
don't have enough hose to go from the front of the house in order to use 2 hoses.
I wouldn't buy hoses you'd likely never need again. But I'd sure borrow 3 of them from the nearby neighbors.

Reactions: aftrshok99
Mine took a sledge to remove each fall. The rails welded themselves in place so fast I stopped using the bolts/wedges the 2nd season. I chalk it up to the kids being little at the time and it got ALOT of use so it was always wet. Not only did surface dirt get wooshed in, but then the residuals left behind when the water evaporated. Anywho I was THRILLED to not need the ladder this time.

The surface mount for you really won't need to take much stress as the full body weight will be on the wall, not the anchors. The rails for you are more for balance.

I wouldn't buy hoses you'd likely never need again. But I'd sure borrow 3 of them from the nearby neighbors.
That's good to know on the handrails, I wasn't sure how much weight they would take since the steps are in the wall. I just picture the typical deep end ladder of old days and people just hanging on them and pulling with all their weight.

So when I ask my neighbor to borrow his hoses, can I just tell him to hook it up to his faucet? I'm sure he'd go for it...LOL

I will ask my next door neighbor, he let's me borrow anything. I had his battery powered tree trimmer and still have his yard sweeper. When I was done with them, I told him I was done and I'm bringing them back. He said just keep them, I know where they are if I need them. Apparently he has more stuff then his big shop and extra sheds will hold.

Reactions: kimkats
just picture the typical deep end ladder of old days and people just hanging on them and pulling with all their weight.
You really don't have the pull you think you do. Sure we think we are doing a pull up on the ladder rails, but it's just steadying us. The bulk of the weight is on the steps. On the old skool ladders, most of that weight hangs from the anchors.
So when I ask my neighbor to borrow his hoses, can I just tell him to hook it up to his faucet? I'm sure he'd go for it...LOL
I mean. If you want to borrow 10k gallons with the hoses, of course that's a GREAT idea. :ROFLMAO: He might not like you when the water bill comes though. The Mrs wanted to offer to pay the neighbors water bill to use their tap. But at almost 300 ft away, it wouldn't have had enough oomph to make it worth it. A few more hours of filling was no big deal.

Reactions: aftrshok99
My daughter said they have the liner is but she's too chicken to go look out the sunroom window and get a good look to make sure it's the right one. Haha

I'll be going home for lunch in an hour, I'll see for myself.....I'm a little nervous if I'm being honest.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.