New Pool Build In Progress - IG Vinyl

Patio is poured, white bullnose coping is attached all around the pool. They were forming the right side of the pool while I was home at lunch. Betting they don't do the inside pool slopes today.
Pix will be uploaded this evening.

Last edited:
Concrete's looking great!
Thank you!!

They were putting the concrete on the slopes in the pool at lunch...anyone who does that is crazy, that would do my back in. They have most of the decking formed up and rebar, they have to finish the left shallow end of the decking. They sawcut the patio concrete as well.

You know one thing you really don't realize (at least I hadn't really thought about it much) when going into having a pool built is how much your yard gets wrecked. I mean yes I knew it would happen and I was aware of it but still. When you take the time to just look around and take it all in its like OMG...I did have a nice yard with lots of grass, now not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats and newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know one thing you really don't realize (at least I hadn't really thought about it much) when going into having a pool built is how much your yard gets wrecked. I mean yes I knew it would happen and I was aware of it but still. When you take the time to just look around and take it all in its like OMG...I did have a nice yard with lots of grass, now not so much.

Ain't that the truth. I also did not realize I would be spending an extra 5k just to fix and grade the lawn after they were done.

IMG_5265.jpg

IMG_5385 2.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg
IMG_5388 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5388 2.jpg
    IMG_5388 2.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Lanzz
Reactions: jonnyd91
Not cool....My wife just tested positive for covid. When we had covid back at the start of covid being a thing it hit her hard. She ended up going from a type 2 diabetic to a type 1 as well as fibromyalgia which has almost been debilitating for her but she keeps on trying to be a super mom / Lollie (to our granddaughter) like some many other women do no matter how sick they are. She's only 49 and has always controlled her diabetes through diet and exercise until she got covid. Her parncreas quit doing its thing and she's been on a insulin pump doing amazing. She looks and sounds really bad today, she had to leave school since she got a positive test. She got it from on of her students from what we can tell.

On a pool note....PB talked to me at lunch and said that they couldn't get concrete to pour the decking until late Friday or early Saturday. He doesn't want to do it then, probably because of a holiday weekend. He said if they call him with an opening then they will pour it. Otherwise they will pour half Tuesday, the other half Wednesday and put the liner in Thursday. He also went over why the drain next to my house was put in and also where all the water should flow based on how he plans on slopping the concrete. They finished the grout in the pool and were doing some other stuff, ran the drain from the grate drain next to the house. Still need to get the equipment pad formed and ready to go.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Not cool....My wife just tested positive for covid. When we had covid back at the start of covid being a thing it hit her hard. She ended up going from a type 2 diabetic to a type 1 as well as fibromyalgia which has almost been debilitating for her but she keeps on trying to be a super mom / Lollie (to our granddaughter) like some many other women do no matter how sick they are. She's only 49 and has always controlled her diabetes through diet and exercise until she got covid. Her parncreas quit doing its thing and she's been on a insulin pump doing amazing. She looks and sounds really bad today, she had to leave school since she got a positive test. She got it from on of her students from what we can tell.
Jeez - really hope she recovers fully and quickly.

Reactions: aftrshok99
Jeez - really hope she recovers fully and quickly.
Thank you....What she feels really bad about is our granddaughter, she went to bed with a 100 degree fever last night, woke up with a 102, got it down thankfully. She's 9 months old and around us everyday. My wife hopes she didn't give her covid.

Nothing like a dose of reality to remind everyone what's important at the end of the day.

Y'alls on my well wish list to be on the mend. :hug:

Reactions: aftrshok99
Guess we are at a standstill until next week. Which once again shows a lot of chances of rain.

my PB is working on a build down the road that he finished back in February. Guess it helps to be a young woman. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: TKpoolOH
Being the middle aged Dad Bod dude who was a few days late for a shave, did me ZERO favors.
Sounds just like me!!!

I told my wife she should of been sitting outside the last few weeks. Might of been swimming by now if she had. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.