New Pool Build in Los Angeles

Great news! This week we had an enclosure inspection which passed and so we were scheduled for plaster next Wednesday that got bumped to MONDAY!!! YAYY! It has been so long but fingers crossed Monday happens.

To Herman above, all the equipment was installed at the end of October. Builder says they have a salt generator for me, but has since stated they will not install it. I said fine, please don't, just leave it at the house and I will find someone to do it. Idk why it has to be such an argument every single time.

Got my Robot last week from Margaret, didn't get through on calling, but did get her on email. I got the Dolphin/Maytronices S400. I think it has everything I wanted, and was in stock, so I am sure it will work great. My pool builder said she could order us a creepy crawler at her cost and I was like, for what? She tried to tell me robots don't work :ROFLMAO: Since they plumbed the pool for it, should we get that suction type of cleaner as a backup?

Also, is there a favorite brush and net that people like? I want the most efficient options before I can use the robot so open to suggestions unless they really all work the same...

I have the Pro Tuff leaf net and pool pole. I really like them. I haven't had any need to use the lifetime warranty, but they say it is easy. We will see in a few years if/when my net finally wears out. The pool pole is heavyweight and very sturdy. The locking mechanism is great.

I also have the whale brush. I am considering one of these for next season. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00PRTY...olid=1AH0JQY0TIZE9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

--Jeff

Big day today! The plaster crew started arriving around 6:30 am and they are getting ready to start. I got a sample color of the mix, not that I know anything but it looks similar enough to me to our little samples. We are going with Black Onyx pebble sheen and we can't wait! The end of the tunnel is finally in sight!

Also, not sure how to turn my photos on my phone…

908826A2-7979-40D1-A90B-CCD200E7E548.jpeg
C600DB7C-F863-4F2D-9525-3B8790514450.jpeg 5300D2A5-FE68-41AD-A3BC-112679A107EA.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the look of dark water pools-so tranquil, but I am terrified of snakes and possibly not being able to see one swimming around in it.
No snakes here! We could get one as we have some hills in the area but haven't seen one yet, so we aren't too concerned.

They are almost finished and I think it looks great. Can't wait to finally have water!

1638819791136.jpeg1638819829030.jpeg1638819858772.jpeg1638819914549.jpeg

Attachments

• 1638819846770.jpeg
    1638819846770.jpeg
    694.1 KB · Views: 13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love the look of dark water pools-so tranquil, but I am terrified of snakes and possibly not being able to see one swimming around in it.
That was the #1 reason my wife vetoed dark finishes from the outset! I do think they look nice if you live in a place free from dangerous snakes.

Reactions: Oona
All finished, I believe the plan is to fill tomorrow!

View attachment 384231

View attachment 384232
you may already have this info but good to review
  • Have you tested your fill water? Are you filling with softened water or regular tap water?
  • Have your hose ready (and clean) as it will be laying in the pool.
  • Tie a sock or cloth around the nozzle so it does not sit on the plaster
  • Ensure you take note (or a picture) of your water meter reading before you start to fill
  • Be prepared to take note of your water meter as the pool reaches certain levels, i.e bottom of bottom step, top of bottom step, etc. (it helps in the future to know volume of your pool at certain levels - should you ever have to drain portion of it)
  • Plan to set an alarm every 4 hours (or so) to ensure hose is still in pool, no debris blew into pool, etc.
  • Take a picture of any chemicals they bring on site that they plan to dump in when they start to add water to pool
  • Continue to fill pool to center of water tile or center of skimmer. Take picture of water meter at end of fill
  • Get clear instructions from PB as what to do the day the pool is full - how often to brush, will the pump be turned on, etc.
  • Define with PB when he will be back out to set up water chemistry.

you may already have this info but good to review
Thank you for the list!

I will say I have been trying not to think about when we will finally have a filled pool...with researching the things to do before we have said filled pool. The acid wash is happening now, and I will retake my meter photo before the beginning of the fill! Water has been tested and we are using regular tap water, maybe I will retest again to make sure water hasn't changed too much in the past month. Bought a new hose and it came in the mail yesterday lol! Sock was prepped on the hoses last night incase I wasn't home when they came by, and I had a quick convo with the Builder yesterday and I just need to let her know once the pool is filled overnight/tomorrow and they will send someone out. So glad we are almost through with this part!

We are filled! It finished last night around 9 pm, and I took some photos of it this morning before work! So excited to be past this phase!

I calculated the following estimates: Spa ~ > 748, Pool ~ 10,838.52, Total ~ 11,586.52

Someone came by to take care of it today, add the initial chemicals and he said he will be coming for the next seven days. I logged my tests of the fill water this morning and will try to log tomorrow morning before work to compare.

And so everyone has proof:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love the dark colour, great choice! Please do share additional pics from when you can get the sun at different angles and clouds etc. we went one shade lighter with Ocean blue. We love it, but secretly I still pine for the black Onyx Shhhhh, don’t tell wifey!

Reactions: nicolispicoli

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.