New pool build in Liberty Hill, Texas

Autie

May 20, 2020
Austin TX
We are building a new home in Liberty Hill, TX about 30 miles north of Austin.
We are done with rebar and some of the plumbing is set up. The pool will be 14,600 gallons,
rectangular with a sun shelf and 2 bubbler, a wall with 2 18 in sheers and there will be
3 sheer arcs on the right side, I am not a fan of colored lights so white lights, not
sure of the tile yet, deepest will be almost 6 feet, we are just doing a concreate, stamped
patio in brown or grey not sure.. Pebble Sheen will be (at this moment anyway) prism
blue or blue granite, not picked a tile yet the pool will be chlorine, now I know everyone
likes the salt BUT my husband and I had a chlorine pool for 17 years in Austin and
he doesn't want to change it. We are building an outdoor kitchen of sorts that will to
the left of the pool with a butterfly roof. Any questions let me know. We started
this in June 20.

Attachments

• early outdoor kitchen.jpg
    early outdoor kitchen.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 76
  • early pool 2.jpg
    early pool 2.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 78
  • early pool 3.jpg
    early pool 3.jpg
    875.3 KB · Views: 82
  • early pool 4.jpg
    early pool 4.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 77
  • early pool.jpg
    early pool.jpg
    948.2 KB · Views: 73
Very nice. What type of equipment will you install? If you have a graphic of what it will look like when finished, please post.
I use liquid chlorine and happy with that process at this time thus I have not converted to SWG either. Best of luck.

Reactions: Autie
Nice. Forms, excavation, plumbing, and steel look good, but I am certainly no expert. We are in the same phase as you. Shooting shotcrete tomorrow.
Thank you, are these cutie's your kids? they are adorable. Well, we have gone no further, we need more plumbing etc, but our pool builder is waiting on our home builder to get to concrete so our pool is at a standstill.

Hubby was all for a salt water pool. Then he saw how the water kills plants.
So does Chlorine. You should not have plants nearby anyway because bugs, dirt, and "other stuff" will get in the pool We have plants behind the waterfall (not even next to the pool) and that causes issues with leaf droppings, flower petals, etc. Also, in another house (with a pool) I use to dump my leaves from my net in a spot on backside of the garden - after a couple of weeks - everything back there was brown and that was a chlorine pool. Don't let a little salt on your plants drive your decision.

Well, I'm back because nothing had been done about the pool since my first post really. Here is some info on my pool:

Pool Dimensions: Geometric 30' x 17.5' at longest and widest points
Pool Perimeter: Approx. 95' linear feet
Pool Area: 525' sq. feet
Pool Depth: 3.5' x 5.5' of water
Pool Gallons: 14,659
Tanning Ledge: Free form 8' x 10' & 6” Deep of water inside of the pool perimeter

Raised Pool Wall: Approximately 17.5' feet of 18” raised wall off the end of the pool at deep end and will have same tile on interior face and sides as spa/pool tile with (2) 2' sheer descents (Gray Under pin texture will be on the back face of raised wall)

Hand Rail: (1) SR Smith ART 1001 Hand Rail at tanning ledge

PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL

Equipment set is to be located behind well house
PVC: All pvc is schedule 40 and is pressure rated
Pressure Test: All pool plumbing will be pressurized throughout construction until equipment is set
Pool Main Drain: (1) 2'' line that's Independently plumbed for optimum control & split 3' feet or more per VGB act/ Code
Pool Returns: (4) Directional Inlets teed off one line that's Independently plumbed for optimum control
Skimmer(s): (2) skimmers, 2” Independently plumbed lines for optimum control
Auto Fill: (1) Pour A Lid Automatic Fill with RPZ valve hooked up to closest located hose bib or main line
Cleaner Line: (1) 1 ½” Independently plumbed line for optimum control
Water Feature Suction: (1) 2'' line that's Independently plumbed for optimum control & split 3' feet or more per VGB act/ Code
Sheer Descent Return(s): (1) 2” line Independently plumbed split to each sheer and valved in back side of raised wall for optimum control off W/F pump
Vaulted Arch waterfall: (3) 1 ½” lines valved separately for optimum control for Vaulted Arch Waterfall off W/F pump
Bubbler: (2) Non telescopic Bubbler in tanning ledge and will run off the Circulation pump
Light niches: (3) 2” sleeves for pool light niches, (1) 2” sleeve for spa light niche
Equipment Set Plumbing: Plumbing of all swimming pool and spa equipment
Electrical & Bonding: Bonding by Electrical Code (UL) Includes required circuit breakers, Relays and GFCI, etc. for equipment (Builder to run separate 100 amp service to equipment area/well house for pool equipment sub panel and Heat/Cool Pump)
Umbrella Sleeve(s): (3) Umbrella sleeves in tanning ledge
Pool Shell: 1/2" #4 steel rebar on 10" on center both ways
Pool Beam: 1/2" grade 40 steel rebar
Gunite: Dry Mix Gunite to Industry Standards
Thickness: Floor to be a minimum of 6" thick, beam & walls to be 8”- 12" thick

TILE
Pool/Spa tile: NPT page 34 Oceans family - Aqua
Grout Color: Blue

WATER FEATURES
Sheer Descents: (2) 2' Sheer Descents in 18” raised wall
Vaulted Arch waterfall: (3) 1' wide arched waterfall

INTERIOR FINISH STEPS & START UP
Pebble Finish: Pebble Sheen finish
Color: Blue Surf, with 3 bags of PT Shimmering Sea hand thrown, not in mix.
Benches and Steps: (2) steps off of tanning ledge into pool shallow area and (1) swim out/bench 4' long x 18” deep in the deep end on either side of pool per customers choice of side
Start-Up: Pool school, all required chemicals and 2 weeks of start up maintenance

DECKING, COPING & EQUIPMENT PAD
Pool/Spa Coping: 2” Limestone/ Lueders stone for pool & spa coping, Approximately 102' perimeter square feet ($250 allowance per ton)
Stone Color: Gray
Grout color: TBD
Decking: (To be done by house builder)
Equipment Pad: 3' x 11' concrete equipment pad needed and (To be done by home builder)

EQUIPMENT DETAIL
Filter Pump: (1) Pentair Intelliflo 2.0 varriable speed pump
Filter: (1) Pentair Clean n Clear 520 cartridge filter
Heat Pump/Chiller: (1) Pentair Ultra Temp electric Heat/Cool pump 140,000 BTU Heat and 71,000 BTU Cool
Cleaner: (1) Pentair Ledgend Pressure side cleaner
Booster Pump: (1) Pentair booster pump for pressure side cleaner
Water Feature Pump: (1) Pentair 1 ½ horse power Whisperflow Pump
Control System: (1) Pentair Easy Touch 4 electric sub panel pool only
Screen Logic: (1) Pentair Screen Logic to control the pool from smart phones, tablets or internet
Transformer: (1) Transformer for pool lights
Pool Lights: (3) Pentair White LED Globrite lights
Chlorinator: (1) Pentair Rainbow 320 inline Chlorinator
Valves: All required 3 way & 2 way valves

Exclusions:
Repair or reroute underground sprinkler, septic or utility lines if required Repair grass, Plants or mulch if required
Water supply for Gunite, filling of pool and Gunite curing process Repair gutters and gutter drain pipes
Modification or upgrade to existing electrical panel/service Provide survey or plat to property
Repair/clean concrete or street for any phase of construction if required Fence enclosure for code if required

IF ANYONE read this far, thank you!

Hello! You may want to ask if the EasyTouch 4 is going to do everything you need...there also is an EasyTouch 8 and the newer Intellicenter. You may also want to consider going with Microbrites or Intellibrites...the Globrites need a special niche and can only be replaced with Globrites. How's the house build coming along? Takes forever, doesn't it?! :)

hola! TampaKathy... I will def talk to the pool builder and thank you for the
information! The house build is slow like the pool with days of activity
and many days of nada, we are hopefully going to be in mid December
now, used to be 10/31, 11/15/, 11/30 now 12/15.. Thank you very much
for asking, I appreciate it.

Hello! You may want to ask if the EasyTouch 4 is going to do everything you need...there also is an EasyTouch 8 and the newer Intellicenter. You may also want to consider going with Microbrites or Intellibrites...the Globrites need a special niche and can only be replaced with Globrites. How's the house build coming along? Takes forever, doesn't it?! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.