New pool build in Liberty Hill, Texas

Autie

May 20, 2020
Austin TX
We are building a new home in Liberty Hill, TX about 30 miles north of Austin.
We are done with rebar and some of the plumbing is set up. The pool will be 14,600 gallons,
rectangular with a sun shelf and 2 bubbler, a wall with 2 18 in sheers and there will be
3 sheer arcs on the right side, I am not a fan of colored lights so white lights, not
sure of the tile yet, deepest will be almost 6 feet, we are just doing a concreate, stamped
patio in brown or grey not sure.. Pebble Sheen will be (at this moment anyway) prism
blue or blue granite, not picked a tile yet the pool will be chlorine, now I know everyone
likes the salt BUT my husband and I had a chlorine pool for 17 years in Austin and
he doesn't want to change it. We are building an outdoor kitchen of sorts that will to
the left of the pool with a butterfly roof. Any questions let me know. We started
this in June 20.

Attachments

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Very nice. What type of equipment will you install? If you have a graphic of what it will look like when finished, please post.
I use liquid chlorine and happy with that process at this time thus I have not converted to SWG either. Best of luck.

Reactions: Autie

Autie

May 20, 2020
Austin TX
Nice. Forms, excavation, plumbing, and steel look good, but I am certainly no expert. We are in the same phase as you. Shooting shotcrete tomorrow.
Thank you, are these cutie's your kids? they are adorable. Well, we have gone no further, we need more plumbing etc, but our pool builder is waiting on our home builder to get to concrete so our pool is at a standstill.

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Hubby was all for a salt water pool. Then he saw how the water kills plants.
So does Chlorine. You should not have plants nearby anyway because bugs, dirt, and "other stuff" will get in the pool We have plants behind the waterfall (not even next to the pool) and that causes issues with leaf droppings, flower petals, etc. Also, in another house (with a pool) I use to dump my leaves from my net in a spot on backside of the garden - after a couple of weeks - everything back there was brown and that was a chlorine pool. Don't let a little salt on your plants drive your decision.