We are in Sugar land and our dig started on Tuesday, rebar on Wed. and stub plumbing was done on Thursday. Thursday evening around 5:30, they did a Gunite flashing to protect the walls. We are getting pounded with tons of rain from the tropical storm. Needless to say we have big mess. Good luck and the rain will eventually go away.

Reactions: 4ST
We are in Sugar land and our dig started on Tuesday, rebar on Wed. and stub plumbing was done on Thursday. Thursday evening around 5:30, they did a Gunite flashing to protect the walls. We are getting pounded with tons of rain from the tropical storm. Needless to say we have big mess. Good luck and the rain will eventually go away.
Awesome!! Moving fast! Ours started out that way and we wouldn’t have had an issue if the gunite crew didn’t push us back on the schedule but such is pool building life I guess. 🤷‍♀️ Happy for a little bit cooler weather just wish it was AFTER our gunite, would have been helpful for watering it 😂 Good luck with your build! Can’t wait to see how yours turns out 😊

Reactions: jdisauwg
Awww booo! When did they dig?
We were supposed to be digging this coming Monday and doing gunite at the end of the week, now they are saying dig the 24th of August and gunite on the 27th. I was sure to point out that we had discussed having the pool built before Labor Day and that he had already missed one dig date, but there is not alot that I can do unless I want to start completely over

• Sad
We were supposed to be digging this coming Monday and doing gunite at the end of the week, now they are saying dig the 24th of August and gunite on the 27th. I was sure to point out that we had discussed having the pool built before Labor Day and that he had already missed one dig date, but there is not alot that I can do unless I want to start completely over
I think we just got lucky and signed right before the crazy started and our builder scheduled everything ASAP so we haven’t experienced major delays. I have friends who can’t even get people out to do quotes until September! By the time they build and wait a month to run the heater they won’t be able to swim until next year 😕

I think we just got lucky and signed right before the crazy started and our builder scheduled everything ASAP so we haven’t experienced major delays. I have friends who can’t even get people out to do quotes until September! By the time they build and wait a month to run the heater they won’t be able to swim until next year 😕
I had the same problem with getting quotes, everyone is really busy right now. My builder failed to take my word that I could get the approval through the HOA in time and didn't get us scheduled early enough for our initial planned dates. Why do you say wait a month to run the heat? Is it not good for a new pool to have heat? I had thought that at least when it gets finished we will be able to heat it and swim on nice days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are getting wet edge signature matrix pebble plaster and were told by our pool builder no swimming for 1 week and no heater for 1 month.
We are doing Wet Edge Quartz, so I will probably hear the same thing. But I tell you now, just let there be a nice sunny day within that first week and I will be in there !

• Haha
It’s amazing the difference a couple of hours can make! They’ll be back tomorrow for cleanup. We were told we could walk in it in 24hr and to water 4-5hrs after they leave today and then 3x a day for a week. Inspections and backfill this weekend. Mon-Wed next week is scheduled with plumbing, electrical and equipment. Feels like we’re getting close 🤞

Attachments

• 11316366-3D26-4B3F-B034-D9DDB1CC272F.jpeg
    11316366-3D26-4B3F-B034-D9DDB1CC272F.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 9F03A7F6-209E-42FA-AAF9-E738D0A25A26.jpeg
    9F03A7F6-209E-42FA-AAF9-E738D0A25A26.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 1767A232-3718-4FC6-AA3A-21EC7FC9F8B1.jpeg
    1767A232-3718-4FC6-AA3A-21EC7FC9F8B1.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 82
OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Guess what time it is!!!!!!!!!! It is time for YOUR set of links!!!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

It’s amazing the difference a couple of hours can make! They’ll be back tomorrow for cleanup. We were told we could walk in it in 24hr and to water 4-5hrs after they leave today and then 3x a day for a week. Inspections and backfill this weekend. Mon-Wed next week is scheduled with plumbing, electrical and equipment. Feels like we’re getting close 🤞

Wow! That looks great! You should be swimming in no time now!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.