New Pool Build in Atlanta -Comments?

trey12345

Oct 10, 2020
atlanta
We are under contract on this project in Atlanta. Because of local pervious surface regulations, we are limited in the amount of pool and decking we can put in. The plans submitted to the City show that we have a little more square footage to play with for the pool or deck (approx 200 sq ft.) . I am inclined to add more deck- any thoughts on that appreciated.

Dimensions- 30 x 16 432 sg ft
3.5-7 foot depth

PebbleTec
Jandy Pro Series Watercolors Nicheless lights (2)
Jandy Aqualink RS-4 automation
Jandy Aquapure Electronic Salt Water Chlorine Generator
Jandy Pro Series JXI400N BTU Natural Gas Pool heater
Jandy pumps by Zodiac 2HP
Jandy CV580 Cartridge Filter by Zodiac
Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner
Skimmers -2
Belgrade pavers
Natural Flagstone Landing and Steps
Jumping Boulder
Flagstone Stepping Stones (path)

1607454578222.png

Any comments or thoughts appreciated. We have a several month wait on permits (Atlanta thing).

Thanks

Trey,

Looks pretty good to me with the exception of the pressure-side cleaner.. They were state of the art about 40 years ago and things have changed since then... :mrgreen:

I suggest that you move into this Century and get a robot.. Like this...

Not sure if the pump is a VS pump or not, but it needs to be a VS pump if you have a SWCG, so that you can run a long time for little money.

Good luck with your pool build,

Jim R.

2 things jumped out at me:

1. Flagstone has been known to flake off in some pools and seems to be an inconsistent material to work with. I would consider a different material near the pool.

2. That is an old cleaner. Suggest getting a Robot.... Jim beat me to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.