New pool Build in Arizona! Started today! Pics included!

Good job on the pool... party time! But......

On a serious note.... Gate looks good, just make sure you lock it. Also, if your child doesn't already know how to swim, make sure that happens ASAP! YMCA, local swim facility or even private lessons at the house. We have two other 4 and 5 year olds that take lessons at our house once a week with my daughter. Works out to a out $15 per child for 45 minutes of instruction. I'm usually not the big banner flyer about pool safety, but a child from my daughter's pre-school drowned and died this week, so it really hits home. I can't imagine being his parents.

Last edited:
Startup guy came this morning! Everything is is a go and running!

I’ve brushed it twice now will do it again shortly. (They said 3x for 7 days)

I did some test after about 6 hours of pump running. Chlorine is not registering yet. 3 3” tabs floating currently.

Hey. Seriously thank you for posting the pictures of the Irish Mist PebbleSheen with and without water in it. It is the color we chose for our build as well and it's really hard to see examples of it on the internet.

My nosy wife is curious about the tile you used to match it. She's still questioning that decision and at the rate we are going she will for several more weeks.

We are now glad we picked the Irish Mist. Every pool our here uses the same blue PebbleTec and we wanted to be slightly different.

How was that crack resolved, by the way?

• Love
Reactions: CombatVet13
Hey. Seriously thank you for posting the pictures of the Irish Mist PebbleSheen with and without water in it. It is the color we chose for our build as well and it's really hard to see examples of it on the internet.

My nosy wife is curious about the tile you used to match it. She's still questioning that decision and at the rate we are going she will for several more weeks.

We are now glad we picked the Irish Mist. Every pool our here uses the same blue PebbleTec and we wanted to be slightly different.

How was that crack resolved, by the way?
Awesome glad my pictures helped! For the tile, I don’t remember the exact name of the color but it’s like a aqua blue/green I can take a closeup picture if you’d like!? Regarding the crack it didn’t close as we all predicted, they said they’ll fix it do curious to see how that plays out.

If you get a chance, yeah, please take a picture of it. I forget the exact tile we picked out since we did it months ago but I am curious to see if it is similar. My wife would be happy too. Ours probably will have more brown and green tones, but it would be nice to see the contrast even if they turn out to be completely different tiles.

Good luck on the plaster crack, if my hole doesn't collapse tonight because of the monsoon I am sure that I have a bit of that sort of stuff to look forward to coming up in the next several weeks. :)

If you get a chance, yeah, please take a picture of it. I forget the exact tile we picked out since we did it months ago but I am curious to see if it is similar. My wife would be happy too. Ours probably will have more brown and green tones, but it would be nice to see the contrast even if they turn out to be completely different tiles.

Good luck on the plaster crack, if my hole doesn't collapse tonight because of the monsoon I am sure that I have a bit of that sort of stuff to look forward to coming up in the next several weeks. :)

Attachments

• 56BB7185-BD6E-442D-A736-9FC51E303942.jpeg
    56BB7185-BD6E-442D-A736-9FC51E303942.jpeg
    511.9 KB · Views: 108

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Doo Doo? heh...

Thanks for posting the picture of the tiles. As I thought, the tile we picked is similar but a little more towards browns and greens as we are doing pavers for the decking.

Your tiles look great with the concrete deck though and I probably would have picked something similar to your tile if we would have decided to go with concrete instead.

I still like the Irish Mist though. I feared that it might look like algae, but it's more the greenish color a clean river would have at the shallows. I thought seeing the Colorado River from the rim of the Grand Canyon had a similar green color. It's nice, that is for sure. Thanks again for the pictures.

Here is where MANY people get their robots from: Home | Marina Pool Spa & Patio You have to call them to get the full warranty.

Now think about this............did you know you can become a TFP supporting member? With this support you get discounts for TF-100 test kit and regents AND a discount from the above company!! WIN-WIN-we get to feed the server and you get a discount on a robot!

There are quite a few threads on robots. When you do a search make sure to click on the G to get the best results.

Kim:kim:

and you get a discount on a robot!

Besides being able to sport a donation badge next to your name like ALL the cool people have, you do get some nice discount perks. But, to clarify what Kim said, unfortunately you do not get a discount on the robot itself, (unless something has changed) but you do get a discount on any replacement parts from Marina you may need. :cheers:

• 15% discount off all Maytronics replacement parts Or 10% off $50 purchase (Maytronic Cleaners Excluded) at
    Marina Pool, Spa & Patio

Besides being able to sport a donation badge next to your name like ALL the cool people have, you do get some nice discount perks. But, to clarify what Kim said, unfortunately you do not get a discount on the robot itself, (unless something has changed) but you do get a discount on any replacement parts from Marina you may need. :cheers:

Rob! You came to fix a boo-boo I made again. I am SO thankful for you!!! THANKS :hug: Too bad they put that in there but it is what it is. Here is hoping they do not need any replacement parts!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Arizonarob
I plan on becoming a supporter! This is uncharted territory for me, but I’m committed to learning!

Been 3 days since my start up was completed by the pool company hired by the PB.

I’m still not registering a chlorine reading. Three 3” tabs floating. Water is clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.