New Pool Build, Dent's and wrinkles in vinyl bottom normal?

dmiller77

Jan 29, 2023
Pelzer, SC
We have a new pool build with a vermiculite bottom. While filling, there were a couple of minor wrinkles that popped up after ~ 6" of water was in the shallow end. After filling fully, many more wrinkles popped up and several "valleys" appeared and are now collecting dirt. The PB assured us the wrinkles should go away when it warms up (water temp is currently 47F) and the ones that don't should be able to be worked out with a plunger (by them). There hasn't been any comment on the "valleys" though.

Are these to be considered normal?

They are going to be finalizing the cleaning this week and we'll be having pool school the following, so our final payment will likely be end of next week.

dent.jpgdent2.jpgLiner.jpgPool.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmiller- congrats on that pretty shaped pool! I like the deep blue liner too.

Here at TFP we have learned that well kept chemistry levels in the pool go a long way to extend a vinyl liner's lifespan. I'm going to put some links here for you to learn how to manage your pool in the easiest, cheapest way. If questions arise please don't hesitate to post the question. We're all happy to help.
Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared
How Clear is TFP Clear?

Maddie :flower:

Dmiller- congrats on that pretty shaped pool! I like the deep blue liner too.

Here at TFP we have learned that well kept chemistry levels in the pool go a long way to extend a vinyl liner's lifespan. I'm going to put some links here for you to learn how to manage your pool in the easiest, cheapest way. If questions arise please don't hesitate to post the question. We're all happy to help.
Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared
How Clear is TFP Clear?

Maddie :flower:
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.