New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

I would tell you that #3 will be great to hide the dust/dirt as it AMAZING how much ends in the texture of the coating, especially since you have dogs. That being said, while it will be cooler than bare concrete the color will be hotter than the lighter color(s). I would have liked the darker color on ours as well but my AZ wife said... Oh no, you don't want that. As it is, the decking still gets HOT, but hose or splash some water on it and it cools by quite a bit.

Can you feel it too?

A list WITH pics! I love it! There is NO way they will not know what needs to be done!

Kim

Kim, you can't feel those 2 marks, but there are other spots that you can't see, but can feel unevenness, like bumps or divots.

The owner showed up last night about 7 & worked on the drainage, got my lights up and running & looked at the PT. he said MMG should come out soon to buff it and fill if needed. He said we wouldn't have to drain anything. Yay!!!

He said I'm on the list for the mason to come do my firepit soon too! Wahoo! He also gave me permission to setup the automation. You just plug it into your router & download the phone app. Doing that TODAY!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So . . . the original Fire Pit that I wanted was tall and made out of Flagstone. But it was just too much $ - so my PB came up with an idea - using moss rock in a circle and charging me like 1/3 of the cost. Well guess what - - - - just went out there and they are putting in my original design!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I have already paid for the Fire Pit (out of pocket) - so I welcome any upgrades he wants to give me!!!!!!!!!

Here are some before and During pics. Will update throughout the day.

18661529781_b26536fe47_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

18742789198_43acefeb8f_c.jpg

19503781659_f1521a4925_c.jpg

19714328752_a62ec43181_c.jpg

19533472210_dca2a799a3_c.jpg
[/url] by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19695348826_5e7a30c576_c.jpg

What?! Did he forget to update the plans with the workers?! Hope he doesn't come looking for more money!

Luckily - he wouldn't, he is a very honest, genuine guy - the firepit wasn't ever on my plans - it was a side job that I paid for after we bought the pool. I begged and pleaded for a way for him to get me a fire pit that I could afford. Last night when he was out here - he said he would call the mason and find out why it hasn't been done - he said he thought it should have been done last week. I told him that I was fine, I am so not complaining - that I know they are crazy busy. He said yeah - but this isn't how we operate. It should have been done by now. I will make it happen. So I kinda think this is a perk :) This morning the GM is here, a crew doing the drainage and the crew doing the fire pit. I am feeling very loved.

I just ordered pizzas for the group of guys - Eddie is going to pick them up. They are working in some MAJOR heat. I am so excited! The fire pit is looking AMAZING!!!!!!

So . . . the original Fire Pit that I wanted was tall and made out of Flagstone. But it was just too much $ - so my PB came up with an idea - using moss rock in a circle and charging me like 1/3 of the cost. Well guess what - - - - just went out there and they are putting in my original design!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I have already paid for the Fire Pit (out of pocket) - so I welcome any upgrades he wants to give me!!!!!!!!!

Waaaahhhhhhh, waaaahhhhhhhh, waaaaahhhhhh! I want YOUR PB, especially right now. He is positively the best I've ever heard of! Tell him Suz has a big time crush on him (don't tell his wife that!).

I wonder if he's this way with all his customers, or is it because you're such a cutie and a sweetie?!!!

I'm feeling very unloved by my PB....... I'm cute and sweet.... Well, I'm sweet..... Well, most of the time.....
Suz. :slidehalo:

Waaaahhhhhhh, waaaahhhhhhhh, waaaaahhhhhh! I want YOUR PB, especially right now. He is positively the best I've ever heard of! Tell him Suz has a big time crush on him (don't tell his wife that!).

I wonder if he's this way with all his customers, or is it because you're such a cutie and a sweetie?!!!

I'm feeling very unloved by my PB....... I'm cute and sweet.... Well, I'm sweet..... Well, most of the time.....
Suz. :slidehalo:

You are the sweetest cutest person I KNOW!!!!!!!! I really think he tries to be this way with everyone - but I have given him lots of latitude. When he tells me they are really backed up with something and he is sorry it is going to take a few days - I tell him not to worry about it - that it will get done when it gets done - to go to work on the houses where the mean people are being brats about it. And he has - there have been a couple of times he moved some of my dates - but he always made me feel important. And I really do feel like he is making up for it now.

I really think you have a GREAT builder Suz, I interviewed him and he was my 2nd choice. I think he is probably smaller - so he may not have as many crews and resources to send your way. But you are getting an amazing pool!

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just read this entire thread (I'm new), and I love everything. Every. Single. Thing. Thank you for sharing, Wendy!

Aww - thank you for spending your morning with me! Ha! I never dreamed this thread would be so long. But I LOVE the people on here and just can't help but sharing each and every thing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.