New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Congrats! I know it is such a relief to get gunite shot!!! Now, you have to keep it wet to aid the curing. I suggest planting one of those old school $10 sprinklers right in the middle at let it run for 10-15 minutes a few times a day. Or... you can do your rain dance if you have one.

I hope your happy with your shape. I'm sure there is always some shock seeing it in person. I know I thought mine was WAY too big seeing it. Getting in it made me feel much better about it. My gunite took a good 15 hours to complete over 2 days! 6 12 yard trucks.

I can't BELIEVE how fast they worked! They had 6 trucks lined up and a 7th on call just in case (no idea how much they used) - they had so many people working at the same time - it was CRAZY! I think they finished in 5-6 hours.

I LOVE the shape and everything about it! It does look big - much larger than I had anticipated on paper - but I love it!

They told me with our temperatures I only need to water it 3X a day instead of 5 and only do it enough to change the color of the gunite to make sure it is all saturated. I can not WAIT to get in it!!!!!!!!!! How long till I can walk in it? The instructions from Modern Method says no people, children or pets allowed in it. but didn't say for how long . . .

My PB just called to make sure we love it and when I mentioned that I wouldn't see them for 10 days - they said WHY? I said I thought it took that long to cure - - - - apparently - he uses this time to do plumbing and electrical. He warned me it is messy and yucky and it looks like no progress is happening. I wanted to break in and say - oh, I know - - - I am a member of TFP!

It looks like a REAL Pool!!!!!!

16787810464_d3cb443307.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]
Seems WAY bigger than it did on paper.

17409963211_de7cf175a0.jpg
Tanning ledge, with doggie beach entry, bubblers and umbrella stand - and spa spill over

17408087542_331d72e4b8.jpg
Loveseat - Not sure what the hole is in the bottom - but I saw them remove all the concrete around it - so I guess it is supposed to look like that.

17408125222_59d84bde89.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]The pad for the waterfall

16786145854_85d24bc50c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG] This was a little earlier - but I forgot to get a pic of the stairs going into the spa. I love this - PB idea - my hubby has MS and balance can be a problem. So this was what he did for us.

17222126568_e9ed7ca239.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG] Weeping Wall

You can walk on it tomorrow. Keep it wet....3 times a day is great, 5-6 won't hurt, and be good about that for the next few days at least. Jeez they are fast!!
I can't WAIT to get in there and walk around!!!!!!!! It looks like I could fill it up and go swimming right now! Think my PB would buy my story of a LOT of rain???

Just started following and reading! Your PB is so fast and it's looking great!! Im up in Dallas and we can't get going due to all the rain! I can't decided on what plaster to use. We priced the pool on just plain white plaster but that looks so dated to me. My PB said WetEdge Satin Matrix is good, anyone have this and like it?

If you don't mind me asking SunBaby, what camera setup do you have? what make and model? been looking for one to put around our place just can't find one worth a **** without spending thousands of dollars.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lisa I would get a "rainbow" sprinkler like said above to make sure you get a good, even coverage. I REALLY think you cannot over water so...............................

OH happy day! No more worries about cave ins!

Kim

Just started following and reading! Your PB is so fast and it's looking great!! Im up in Dallas and we can't get going due to all the rain! I can't decided on what plaster to use. We priced the pool on just plain white plaster but that looks so dated to me. My PB said WetEdge Satin Matrix is good, anyone have this and like it?

Amanda - I had such a hard time deciding on plaster vs something else - I went with Pebblesheen. I liked what I read and just went with it. I have heard lots about WetEdge - it makes BEAUTIFUL colors!

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't mind me asking SunBaby, what camera setup do you have? what make and model? been looking for one to put around our place just can't find one worth a **** without spending thousands of dollars.

I don't know the make/model - I can go and see if it is written on there somewhere. We spent quite a bit on them - but one of my neighbors got a system at Sams or Costco just a few months ago and it looks just as good as ours. Seriously. I think they paid like $800 for theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to wait three hours after eating before you get in. :shock:
Are there any rules about drinking beforehand??? :cool:

Woooooo Hooooooo! Congratualtions, Wendy! Your pool looks fabulous! I know the relief you're feeling to have the gunite shot. Mine still looks way huge, but I don't have the property you have. And you survived past the possible cave in stage. In Cypress, we've missed the rains ya'll have had north of us. Looks like more rain next week - will have to see if that happens.

I love the doggy beach entry! It was in your plans and you've mentioned it, but it's so cute to see in real life photos. And I love the steps into the spa. I've never seen that done before yours. I have my spiral steps into the main pool for the same reason. Now why didn't I think about doing the same for the spa????? Great idea!

I'm behind posting on your thread, so this is a buffet of replies.... Well done on the waterline tile and Blue Granite!! What great compliments they are for each other. It will look so elegant to go with your elegant pool!

What do the dogs think of everything going on in "their" yard?? Take care. Suz.

You can walk on it tomorrow. Keep it wet....3 times a day is great, 5-6 won't hurt, and be good about that for the next few days at least. Jeez they are fast!!

I sent my PB an email asking when I could walk - he said today - but to refrain from diving and cannonballs :) lol

Woooooo Hooooooo! Congratualtions, Wendy! Your pool looks fabulous! I know the relief you're feeling to have the gunite shot. Mine still looks way huge, but I don't have the property you have. And you survived past the possible cave in stage. In Cypress, we've missed the rains ya'll have had north of us. Looks like more rain next week - will have to see if that happens.

I love the doggy beach entry! It was in your plans and you've mentioned it, but it's so cute to see in real life photos. And I love the steps into the spa. I've never seen that done before yours. I have my spiral steps into the main pool for the same reason. Now why didn't I think about doing the same for the spa????? Great idea!

I'm behind posting on your thread, so this is a buffet of replies.... Well done on the waterline tile and Blue Granite!! What great compliments they are for each other. It will look so elegant to go with your elegant pool!

What do the dogs think of everything going on in "their" yard?? Take care. Suz.

Suz, you and I have been side by side during this pool build! I wish I could take credit for the steps - but my PB gave us that at the last minute. He drew it all out the way we wanted and then made some suggestions. When he heard that Eddie has MS - he started drawing with paint and then said here is what I suggest . . . and we BOTH loved it! I asked how much $ the change would be and he winked and said what change. Gotta love him!

I kinda wish the doggie beach entry was smaller - but it isn't something that I am too worried about.

BUT I am now freaking out about the Blue Granite. Second guessing the decision. I am so worried I won't like it in my pool - I love it in all the pools Ive seen - but you know, the nerves get the best of you.

My dogs are NOT at all happy with being confined to a tiny part of the yard and having all these strangers tearing it up! They want to investigate BAD! I think tomorrow I might let them.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I am better at watering the gunite than I am at watering my flowers. Honestly - I get all excited when I go out to water. It is bonding time with my pool. We are becoming besties.

17428637312_18145a5e94.jpg

17428637312_18145a5e94.jpg

See the green colored water - I am assuming that is seeping up from the ground . . . WEIRD color . . .

17430144521_8a240269a3.jpg
[/url] by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.