New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Very cool! Love it all and it sounds like you have a really nice PB. My wife and I often dream of having a larger AGP than we do but an in ground would be so nice. We expect some money coming in someday and will have to see but our main goal is to build a new house here on our land since we live in a manufactured home. Just have to see how far the dollar stretches. At least our land is paid for though so that's a plus.

Very cool! Love it all and it sounds like you have a really nice PB. My wife and I often dream of having a larger AGP than we do but an in ground would be so nice. We expect some money coming in someday and will have to see but our main goal is to build a new house here on our land since we live in a manufactured home. Just have to see how far the dollar stretches. At least our land is paid for though so that's a plus.

I completely understand that! I was in my last house for 10 years and it was way too small for even an AGP. When we moved here - it had and AGP and I LOVED it - but I started saving to get my inground. I used to trade my car in every other year - it is now 8 years old and I am keeping it till it DIES! That is pool money! Most of my friends have expensive vehicles with $600-$800 car payments. I haven't had a car payment in a LONG TIME! They all want to know how we can afford a pool - I just point to their car . . . (or truck, I mean, we are in TX)
:grin:

I wonder if there is any way to have your PB school the other PB on how to take care of the PO??????????? What a great person for doing that and listening!

Kim

So far, he seems amazing. He and his wife (the designer) give us their cell phone - I really liked that. But they seem so busy. I hate bothering them! I keep telling myself the entire build can not be rainbows and butterflies. There will be a downside so I'm prepared!

The weather is about to get BAD here. News said 6" of rain over the next few days. My yard is already a mud pit, I just hope it doesn't cause anymore problems.

In other news I leave on the 18th for a girl's cruise the hubbs will be here I'm going to have to trust him to continue the build while I'm gone. That's scary, since he really hasn't taken part in any of the design & planning. I just do what I like, show him a pic to see if he likes it. He wouldn't know if they put on the wrong tile or anything. :-(. But I've gotta.

When I get back, we leave a few days later for a cruise. My nephew (adult) will be staying here. I still haven't decided if I want to haunt the Build or not. I think maybe it depends on where we are at.

I'm assuming with the storms moving in, we will be a week behind - can't imagine anyone working in that. We shall see.

Catching up on your build! Looks great...I need to post my pictures, but it has been so busy at work, kid stuff, and the build in the backyard. Our backyard is a disaster, but the "good" kind of course. I laughed on your comment about watering the shell and "bonding". I felt exactly the same way! I would rush home to water it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From Wendy: [[Suz, you and I have been side by side during this pool build! I wish I could take credit for the steps - but my PB gave us that at the last minute. He drew it all out the way we wanted and then made some suggestions. When he heard that Eddie has MS - he started drawing with paint and then said here is what I suggest . . . and we BOTH loved it! I asked how much $ the change would be and he winked and said what change. Gotta love him!

I kinda wish the doggie beach entry was smaller - but it isn't something that I am too worried about.

BUT I am now freaking out about the Blue Granite. Second guessing the decision. I am so worried I won't like it in my pool - I love it in all the pools Ive seen - but you know, the nerves get the best of you.

My dogs are NOT at all happy with being confined to a tiny part of the yard and having all these strangers tearing it up! They want to investigate BAD! I think tomorrow I might let them.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I am better at watering the gunite than I am at watering my flowers. Honestly - I get all excited when I go out to water. It is bonding time with my pool. We are becoming besties. ]] END QUOTE

Wendy, we really have been side by side during our pool builds! It's fun to watch each other's pool come to be a reality. You and I have both been dreaming about having a pool. And, we're sharing in all this rainy, stormy weather!

You have a terrific pool builder! I think that's the coolest thing that HE made the suggestion for your spa steps. Not only is he a great builder of pools, but he's also a very kind and thoughtful person!

I know what you mean about the Blue Granite. Just when I think I've decided on a finish, I change my mind. Auuuugggghhhhh!!!! Have you asked your PB and his wife for their opinions? You trust them, they have gotten to know you, and they've seen hundreds of pool finishes. They might be able to steer you towards a final, no-more-waffling decision. It does seem to me that if you've loved it on other pools, you will also love it on yours! It's just that old niggling uncertainty teasing you.

Your poor dogs!!! They can't understand and have no control over any of it. We have 3 indoor cats, and they are also getting testy over all of this commotion. They are our first set of cats to be indoor only cats which I'm not used to. Our previous cats have all been indoor/outdoor cats (with a curfew to be inside at night). I feel bad for them being stuck inside, so we take them out in the backyard to walk and sniff around. They wear little harness type jackets for cats, so we uses leashes. They love it. But with the yard so torn up, it's been hard to do it regularly. They will be so happy when we get back to the old routine. My son and I are trying to figure out some sort of boat for them to sit in on the water while we're in the pool!

So funny about the watering of the gunite. I left most of that up to my son. I really wanted to do it, but the first time I tried watering, I lost my balance and fell... So humiliating. After that, I've been banned from going out back until the ground is leveled out. (except I snuck out this morning!!!) But I love looking at it; almost soothing. And you're right about the bonding!

I'm excited for you taking your trips! You deserve them! And I think you can trust your PB to take care of everything while you're gone. Just put the orders and pictures in something plastic and hang where he will see them!
These will be rare trips in that you'll be so excited to get home!!!! And getting away for a bit will make the time pass more quickly!

Well, I hope your doggies are treating you to a wonderful Mother's Day!! They have a great mom! Take care. Suz.

We had our PB do it on purpose. I'm 6' 4" and I wanted to have more of my body covered when I'm in the spa. So one section is a bit more typical and my section is a little deeper. They also adjusted the jets some as well.

That makes total sense! We didn't ask for it, but it seems they do some things pretty standard.

Suz, I have tripped so many times out there! I can't even imagine what it is going to look like when this storm hits today. Right now I'm under tornado & flash flood warning. Next 5 days - nothing but severe storms - the news said 5-10" of rain this week! Crazy!

I asked about the blue granite. They both said they love it, it's the most popular color. No one ever gets it & doesn't like it. The designer said her favorite is French grey - but people rarely choose it. "Today" I'm a blue granite girl, again. Tomorrow is a new day :)

I can totally see you and the kitties on leashes! My dogs have been restricted just because I know they will run up &.jump in - no fear or concept of heights!

I'm assuming we won't get any movement this week on the pool. I wouldn't want to work in this weather!

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day too!!!

Why are you having second thoughts on the blue granite again? I may have missed it earlier in the thread. What look are you wanting to go for?

I worry since the pool is only 3'6" - 5' - 4'6" that it won't be deep enough to give it the beautiful color. It is hard to judge the color - since most pics don't tell you the depth. And so many other things come into play like shade and full sun. I have never seen a blue granite pool I didn't like - I think I am just worried about it. Its a big chunk of change.

We almost went with blue granite but settled on Tahoe blue. It is a little darker in shade and at dusk/dawn but still blue during sunlight. You may want to look into that color if you like the darker look a little better. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it and just go with blue granite. It's an excellent color choice.

We almost went with blue granite but settled on Tahoe blue. It is a little darker in shade and at dusk/dawn but still blue during sunlight. You may want to look into that color if you like the darker look a little better. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it and just go with blue granite. It's an excellent color choice.

Tahoe Blue is my favorite on the Pebble Tec! We had decided to go with the Pebble Sheen - only because we like the "feel" better. I like Aqua Blue and also Bordeaux I think if I make anymore changes my husband my leave me :)

Tahoe Blue is my favorite on the Pebble Tec! We had decided to go with the Pebble Sheen - only because we like the "feel" better. I like Aqua Blue and also Bordeaux I think if I make anymore changes my husband my leave me :)

We decided to go with a sand colored pebble sheen (Chilean Gold). Gives the pool a really cool look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We decided to go with a sand colored pebble sheen (Chilean Gold). Gives the pool a really cool look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had looked at Dessert Gold - I think it is close to the Pearl Matrix one you went with and loved it - but I was afraid it would be too green. Do you think yours has a green tone to the water at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Ask your builder about Tahoe blue pebble sheen. It's a new color and modern method applies it. They put it in our pool. I assume since they did your finite they will do your pebblesheen too.

Hmm - that sounds awesome. I wonder if it is an upgrade or not . . . Might have to call my PB and be "that girl" again today :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.