New plaster Pool Care Suggestions Please

Mar 29, 2018
Brentwood, CA
I did quartzscape in Anvil which is the darkest color made and we've done an acid bath and the calcium deposits are worse now than they were before. I'm guessing we need another acid bath and I think we are going to by the pHin and cancel our pool service because they clearly aren't getting the levels right. I'm going to head to the pool supply tomorrow and get the water tested and hopefully get this under control. I'm also going to reach out to my contractor for another acid bath. I love the color and maybe I won't obsess so much a year from now but with a 4 month old pool I really just wish it looked perfect!

See below for new plaster startup procedures.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

You need a proper test kit like the TF-100. Pool store test results are never reliable. Once you get the test kit, post your results here. Test Kits

Also know that everytime you do an acid bath on your plaster you are reducing the plaster life by years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.