New Paint, patches, tile work, LED's and SWCG

Sep 7, 2018
Las Vegas
I am finally complete and now filling my 35k gallon pool, I was initially only going to replace the water since I hadnt done it in 5 years plus I recently upgraded to a variable speed pump and sand filter plus the water was no good for the SWCG. I wanted a fresh start with all new equipment as well as water.
I have searched online and found a few calculators that tell me I am going to need roughly 1000lbs of chlorine?
Is that right? seems like alot

What is the process of getting the pool set chemically ready and running with the SWCG once the pool is full?

Attachments

• 20190519_224426-COLLAGE.jpg
    20190519_224426-COLLAGE.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 5
Correct. Your water has some salinity now. I suggest you start with adding 2600 ppm worth of salt. Use PoolMath.

Let that circulate for 24 hours. Test (you should have a salinity test kit, K1766). If you cannot test, see if the SWCG is happy. If it is, great, if not, add 200 ppm worth of salt and repeat the process. Keep your FC in target range for your CYA during this time.

Correct. Your water has some salinity now. I suggest you start with adding 2600 ppm worth of salt. Use PoolMath.

Let that circulate for 24 hours. Test (you should have a salinity test kit, K1766). If you cannot test, see if the SWCG is happy. If it is, great, if not, add 200 ppm worth of salt and repeat the process. Keep your FC in target range for your CYA during this time.
Thx Mk
Any recommendations on the salt and where best to purchase?

I get the blue bag water softener salt at Home Depot. You should get at least 25 40# bags so you can get the discount. Price will be around $5 per bag.

Reactions: chavezone
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.