New owner-builder (kinda) in Arizona

Wow!! Thank you so much for all the info. I'm going to try to look up my property.

I will message you if I have questions - if that's ok?

I'm looking into pavers as a decking option.
Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw your message before I checked the thread, but yes please PM me if any geology-related stuff comes up. Which applies to anyone reading the thread as well, I'm happy to help where I can. Also the travertine thing is definitely my personal bias, lots of people use it and are probably very happy with it, I'm just not one of them.

And just in case anyone is curious, it turns out Azsunsets has very nice non-expansive soil, much better than my clay mess. Not that I'm jealous or anything ;)

I'm starting to get quotes from subs, & im waiting for my permit!

I do have a few questions, if anyone would be willing to weigh in.

Also, any opinions on Pebble Sheen colors? I like a sapphire blue water. I'm considering Blue Surf or Blue Granite. It's only $77 more to upgrade from non-brand name mini pebble to Pebble Tec (Pebble Sheen) - no brainer, right?

We went with Blue Granite Pebble sheen and love it. But if you are wanting "sapphire blue" water then Blue Granite probably isn't what you would want. Pebble Tec stands behind their product and if we were to build another pool or resurface we would use them with out a second thought.
Here is a shot of our pool to give you true representation of blue granite pebble sheen. I'll try and dig up some ore pics if needed.

Attachments

• 2014-05-03 14.43.32.jpg
    2014-05-03 14.43.32.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 402
We went with Blue Granite Pebble sheen and love it. But if you are wanting "sapphire blue" water then Blue Granite probably isn't what you would want. Pebble Tec stands behind their product and if we were to build another pool or resurface we would use them with out a second thought.
Here is a shot of our pool to give you true representation of blue granite pebble sheen.

Your water looks great! I'm also considering blue surf color.
Thank you for the pic, it really helps!

I can't help you on the engineering part, but I would think it "might" be helpful to have the brand name product just for advertising if you go to sell the house someday, and for that price difference, if you like the colors then it does seem like a no brainer. On the colors, try to see at least one pool with that color in person if you can, realizing that the color is also going to depend on the colors around it in your location. My blue surf has more aqua than the one I saw, but it was also two years old, and more in the open. I have a gold house color, and a tan wall color surrounding the pool on all sides, no more than 5' away, so I think that's where I'm getting the color difference.

I think most here will tell you the bling-bling is a "must do", and at that price definitely! You may also enjoy the shimmering sea better with a double batch. That's what we did with mine, and it's very sparkly! It only shows in the sunlight though.

I think I've narrowed the tile down to these & I'm thinking Blue Surf for the interior. Also like the Aqua Blue and Pebble Sheen, but I think Blue Surf may be darker/bluer??

Waterline, accent for Baja & steps/bench ribbons, mini pebble close to Blue Surf color

YES!!!! to both!! LOVE them!!!

Really think about the mastic color for under the glass tiles-white, off white, light gray. Each one will cause a change in the color.

Also think about the grout-save colors as above.

Kim:kim:

YES!!!! to both!! LOVE them!!!

Really think about the mastic color for under the glass tiles-white, off white, light gray. Each one will cause a change in the color.

Also think about the grout-save colors as above.

Kim:kim:

Thanks!!
The accent tiles aren't transparent like some of them are. Not sure about grout for waterline tiles. I have a few samples I picked up on one of my trips, so I just need to find them. Do you think a light grey or off-white looks dirty?? I've really only seen white grout in person.

Thanks!!
The accent tiles aren't transparent like some of them are. Not sure about grout for waterline tiles. I have a few samples I picked up on one of my trips, so I just need to find them. Do you think a light grey or off-white looks dirty?? I've really only seen white grout in person.

The grout color really depends on if you want the tiles to pop or blend into the waterline. White grout will make each individual tile stand out because they are a little on the mid to dark blue range. But if you choose a blue/gray or light gray the tiles will meld together.

The grout color really depends on if you want the tiles to pop or blend into the waterline. White grout will make each individual tile stand out because they are a little on the mid to dark blue range. But if you choose a blue/gray or light gray the tiles will meld together.

I think I need different samples of gray, because I don't like what I brought home. My waterline tile is simulated silver travertine, so it's kinda greige.
So many decisions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Waterline tile suggestions with Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen? LED lights worth it?

Thanks! The finish is pebbletec Tahoe Blue with 20% glass beads ("luminous") in jade mix (a mixture of blue, green, clear, and bronze/gold glass beads). In person, the pool is much brighter and deeper shades of turquoise, blue, or teal depending on the lighting.

I love the sample of the 1x1s you got, especially paired with the darker blue finish.

I really like your coping. What type is it?

I'm trying to decide on coping and deck materials within my budget! I love travertine, but I'm not sure it's in my budget :( considering either regular pavers, or Artistic Pavers & I would prefer a contrasting coping.

I just got my permit!! I'm planning on starting the pool early next month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.