New Northeastern Pa Build

man oh man it's cold here today! ice is just starting to come on the pool so i decided to do one last FC check and it was at 5. down from 12 just 30 days ago. my cya must be on the low side but we also had some warmer weather. nothing crazy, but warmer. my water has been frigid through it all.

i'm spinning in 153 oz of FC to give me a nice buffer for when the ice comes on thick and get me into spring hopefully. i know algae doesn't grow quickly in very cold water but as you all know i am very paranoid. lol

we are still doing a bit here and there outside. my soffits and fascia are finally on. waiting on gutters and we still haven't dug in the underground pipes for them. we did sand the bathroom and storage room pavers so i can put stuff in there for winter to reclaim my bay in the garage. my car has been outside for a while now and i'm sick of thawing it out every morning.

that's about it.

just have to wait on spring. . .

man i envy all you southerners though. we were in disney over thanksgiving. high 80's all week and not a drop of rain. was sooooo nice!

jimi

It's going to be a long winter, haha. I'm hoping we don't get hit TOO hard with snow in Jan/February. Hang in there, spring will be here before we know it. :)

I actually got on the phone today and asked when we doing gutters and also if we can start the bathroom. ��I don’t let anyone rest. I think I’m actually getting gutters this week. Bathroom paneling is pushing it I think. ��

gutters done! just got to get them underground now along with the waste line for the filter. i am thinking this is going to be a whole winter thing. once xmas is over i wanton get my wood for the ceiling so i can start to seal and sand it so when the weather breaks we are good to go. i also wanton get the material for the bathroom so we can good the toilet in there and sink for first thing spring. ya so my thought of being done for winter might not happen.

i passed my final inspection for the pool finally. i had all kinda issues with the inspector and the bonding for no reason at all without getting into the details, cause it will go from g rated to r and i don't want kim getting mad at me, i passed and it's over and i will never ever have to deal with that again. thankfully i didn't have to deal with them for the pool house just the pool.

more rain on the way for the weekend so i took 2 inches of water out of the pool to make room for new water. lol

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL Jim I KNOW I see all! Thanks for not making me edit you! :hug:

I am SO glad things are FINIAL!

Now do you REALLY think anyone thought you would not be doing something over the winter??? Not me!! Jimim=busy, busy, busy=work well done!

Kim:kim:

my buddy is letting me use his shop for the winter to get my material ready for the spring. we brought in my shiplap yesterday with another big order he was getting. we had the place run it for use already with a T&G so we don't have to face nail the boards. this will help to prevent pops and keep it flatter on the walls hopefully. we can control how much of a reveal also in-between boards also. so today i went down really early and get it out of the way and setup where he has me priming. it's so nice having all this room to work. i got a sanding area and then i have access to the 1 spray booth so i can line up a lot of material, prime both sides and then they will go get stacked to finish drying. by the time i'm done wit this I should have a good system down for when we bring in the ceiling material cause there is a lot more of that and it's more expensive so I'll have a solid game plan so i don't mess up anything hopefully.

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

That's a good friend to have...I'll take that stack of white oak please
I’m taking the walnut!

Don’t go feeling that he is a saint. The verbal bashing I and everyone takes down there is brutal at times. Lol. You will never step foot in a place where every single person is being busted on at all times by someone else. Today was beautiful cause it was just me and his one guy and Dave’s brother in laws shop is in the same building and he was working. We were all commenting on how nice and silent it was without everyone there. Lol

You have some good friends there sir! What a awesome work space! It will be nice to have that done and ready when you are ready to put it up!

Kim:kim:
His place is pretty big. The pile of wood has an opposite side also in the back with it stacked to the ceiling. The shop is huge. Each area does a certain job in the build process. It’s cool cause everything is done by hand. Nothing is automated. They have machines to cut and sand and run profiles but everything is built and sanded pretty mich by hand. I always laugh when I see his one guy sanding. I always ask him how long he has been st it and he says since last night. Things move slow in his place cause it’s so hands on but that’s what makes his work so good. Small group of guys he has hand picked over the years. Each have a certain job and that’s it. This way he has proper quality control and a small group he trusts. It’s only 6 of them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.