New Northeastern Pa Build

I got no pics of anything going on cause I'm actually doing stuff now and not taking pics. I feel like we r getting nowhere though. I have a crappy cell phone pic of the Mickey head layout. I'll throw that up.

My biggest worry now is timetable cause of my August trip and brushing. I don't think I'm going to be able to plaster before I go away on the 10th of August.

How many weeks heels do I really need to brush? If it's 4 I got very few weeks to play with. I might have to wait till I get back. Then I'm battling with fall and not having time forcthe plaster to cure before closing time. Most people close around October here.

What do you all think. It's all I'm thinking about.

ok kim that's cool cause you know the answer i'll get here. "oh don't worry" "no bg deal" and that will be forefather senerio. lol

remember we r in the NE with hard winters.

so i'm asking how long for quartz do i need to brush? and also how many weeks for breakin/cure before closing if i have to push it till after my trip?

thanks!
jim

Nope :( I will touch base with another one. I am sorry it is taking so long.

Jim, I have an idea if this one does not answer back. Do you know what kind of plaster they will be using on your build? Call the manufacture and see what THEY say!

I would rather ask the people here as they have real life experience. I will go hunting right now. :hug:

Kim:kim:

Generally, the first two weeks are the most critical for brushing.
If the plaster job is done properly, and pool water is balanced sufficiently, then a good automatic pool cleaner can be effective at polishing the plaster surface, and brushing becomes less necessary.
But brushing is still and always necessary, but can be done less often after two or three weeks.

Kim,

I called the manufacturer. They want to see 3-4 weeks of brushing. So I was shooting for 3 weeks before my trip.

Brian,

Hey man. I totally thought about it but the extra cost was nixed by my wife. we are already so over on everything. The hardscaping and pool house is going to kill us.

OnBalance,

thanks for the info. i thought u couldn't use a robot for the first few months?

We are doing quartz finish. my wife didn't like the feel of the pebble so this is what she wanted.

My buddy said if we are up against a wall in July he will just do the pavers after the plaster is in so the pool can get up and running. He is installing on a concrete pad so he said he will make no mess as all.

So that's the deal.

Today they framed more for the pour. he is having problems getting laborers for the pour. they also had a water leak they had to deal with so we kinda lost the day. my 1.25" direct burial gas line showed up for the heater. I still can't get over they are using such a huge gas line. the risers are huge. the line is heavy cause i carried it over to the side of the house. I am praying to God that all the rest of the utilities get done tomorrow!

jim

Once the plaster dust stop appearing after two to three weeks, an auto pool cleaner is okay to use, despite what contractors tell you.

The plaster is very hard after just two or three days and can handle cleaners without causing damage. So waiting two to three weeks is sufficient before cleaners are installed.

Once the plaster dust stop appearing after two to three weeks, an auto pool cleaner is okay to use, despite what contractors tell you.

The plaster is very hard after just two or three days and can handle cleaners without causing damage. So waiting two to three weeks is sufficient before cleaners are installed.

very cool. thanks for the great info. i know you are the go to plaster expert here! i appreciate the info!

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
tomorrow we pour the scratch coats for the upper decks and the footer for the bulk head to hold the upper decking back and to have a solid foundation to build the steps on so they never shift.

i picked up the mesh this morning before i went fishing. big mistake not taking a bigger truck. I didn't realize he ordered 10' mesh so i had 4 feet hanging out the back without tie downs for 12 miles home. lol i love all the stupid people getting right up on me when i was driving. if i saw that i would be turning around and start going a diff way! lol made it home in one piece, threw em out of the truck, loaded the yak and headed out!

today was one of the best days i ever had panfishing. i hit a school of crappie that didn't move for 4 hours. they were huge! i was throwing back perch cause i decided to just keep the crappie cause they were so big! for my to throw back perch, for those that fish, know that is kinda crazy cause perch are THE best panfish for eating in my opinion! but the crappie were so huge! i actually needed a bass pole vs my little light actions ones I had. i lost 3 cause they went under the yak and my pole was bent over in the water under the yak and the line couldn't handle it, so the plan was when they hit was to get them on the surface as quick as possible so i could grab em with the net before they got too close to my yak.

what a day what a day! i'm so glad i went!

sorry i went off subject, but this build is about my journey with the pool with my life tied into it! :)

Thank you, thank you!! I read your fishing post 3 times, cuz I loved it so much! Your excitement was flying out from your story - I'm still smiling! Pictures! We definitely need pictures!! (you know on TFP, pictures are the only proof something happened!)

Now, I guess I'd better check out your pool build! :oops:

Jim!! You should know the rules by now!!!! Where are our pictures??? Of the mesh hanging off the truck AND of the fishes!!!! DUDE!

fish pics are on my phone. lol they will come off of it today at some point I promise! The truck. I was too friggin nervous Kim! It didn't even cross my mind. Once I got back in my town I was so happy cause at least I couldn't get pulled over then. ;)

I know I've been bad with pics.

Waiting for concrete trucks to come. 30 mins late so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, thank you!! I read your fishing post 3 times, cuz I loved it so much! Your excitement was flying out from your story - I'm still smiling! Pictures! We definitely need pictures!! (you know on TFP, pictures are the only proof something happened!)

Now, I guess I'd better check out your pool build! :oops:

lol thanks. it was fun. good day good day! my buddy is here now to do the pour and i felt bad showing him cause he was digging a foundation and i'm floating around. lol

pics in a bit. once i take them off my phone.

jim

Lost some sweat during the ride home with the mesh? Been there, done that........oh the things we do and get a way with :roll: LOL I am glad you got it home and did not get stopped on the way.

Come on cement trucks! Don't you know you have people waiting to see you???

ok done. friggin' rain. thank goodness the finish doesn't matter since it will be covered by pavers. slopes are good. rebar is in place for next pour. in good shape. here is a a bunch of stuff. . .

IMG_8431 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_8430 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_8429 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_8428 by Jim, on Flickr

that wood is anchors to attache the drains. they meet at the t. the piece of wood on the right will be removed to form a "L" for the drains and they will tie into the gutter below grade. that piece of wood is just a form for the first pour.

IMG_8427 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_8425 by Jim, on Flickr

frame for footer for bulk head for the additional 3 feet of upper decking. it will make more sense in the next pics and then after the second poor.

IMG_8435 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_8434 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_8433 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_8432 by Jim, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

ok here is a preview of the mickey markers

IMG_0614 by Jim, on Flickr
size
IMG_0602 by Jim, on Flickr
colors
IMG_0622 by Jim, on Flickr
the idea

IMG_8422 by Jim, on Flickr
paver layout and colors with tile

IMG_8423 by Jim, on Flickr
close up

- - - Updated - - -

fishing pics to follow in a bit! :)

That looks good! And love the Mickeys!

I miss fishing for crappie. I used to go with my dad every other weekend at Lake Lanier or Lake Blackshear in GA. We fished with live minnows or bread balls we made ourselves. Many times as soon as the bobbers were in the water, we were reeling them in. Sounds like you had a great time and much needed escape from the pool stress.

That looks good! And love the Mickeys!

I miss fishing for crappie. I used to go with my dad every other weekend at Lake Lanier or Lake Blackshear in GA. We fished with live minnows or bread balls we made ourselves. Many times as soon as the bobbers were in the water, we were reeling them in. Sounds like you had a great time and much needed escape from the pool stress.

Thanks for the compliment!

That's what I was using too. Minnow under a bobber and also a cast and retrieve setup of a jig head with a rubber shad tipped with a waxie. That's my secret weapon that I learned from my uncle a couple years ago. that rig will catch anything. Nothing can refuse it. lol A bass even hit it yesterday.

Nice! I loved using a pumpkin seed with firey tail rubber worm for my large mouth. From age 7 to 13, every other weekend was camping and fishing. Being in FL, we have lots of fishing opportunities but mainly do intracoastal now for flounder, red fish, sheepshead, etc. We were going off shore with our bigger boat but after my back injury I couldn't handle the waves. We actually just sold it and it left today. Easier to travel down south and rent a boat for off shore anyway. We have a small pond on our property that has bream and a few large mouths in it but the big girl has been basically impossible to catch. I know shes a girl bc I was testing a new lure a few years ago and caught a baby large mouth! The bream are pretty easy to catch though. We had tilapia in there for a while but in 2010 it was so cold that the water temp dropped below 55 degrees and killed them all.

Love it all!
Now where are the pics of the fish :). Man it's a beautiful thing to role up on a school of crappie and even better when the kids are not around and mom and dad crappie are hitting the jig lol
Can't wait for those pictures

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.