mlafleur

Sep 7, 2020
Kinder, LA
Hi to all! I have had an inground pool for about 10 years and have always brought water samples to a local pool place to determine what chemicals I would need to make the water right. We were just hit with Hurricane Laura so our local pool place isn't open and I'm not very wise in water testing. A friend referred me here so I am hoping to learn more about taking care of my pool myself. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: We're always happy to show owners how to take care of their water accurately and with usually a cost savings overall. I'd suggest you first review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. After that, save the Vital Links in my signature and pay special attention to the TF-100 link in my sig. The proper test kit is a must. I recommend the TF-100, although the Taylor K-2006C is also a viable option. See Test Kits Compared for more info.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hi to all! I have had an inground pool for about 10 years and have always brought water samples to a local pool place to determine what chemicals I would need to make the water right. We were just hit with Hurricane Laura so our local pool place isn't open and I'm not very wise in water testing. A friend referred me here so I am hoping to learn more about taking care of my pool myself. Thanks!

You probably can get a pool water testing kit on amazon. You may be able to get a quick read with test strips. The first thing I try to get in place is the alkalinity. In my location, when that's right, everything falls into place. I use EcoOne products , made by Pacific Sands. It is by far easier to use than any other brand I have sold or used myself. You might to check into their line.