New Member - Storing Acid New TV?

Kirstine

Jul 22, 2020
Southwest Florida
Moved from HERE

Muriatic acid vapors are far more corrosive than liquid chlorine vapors. LC, even with vented caps, gives off very little fumes. MA on the other hand, even with sealed caps, give off LOTS of vapors.

MA should be stored outside, in a plastic deck box near the equipment pad and away from curious critters.
I just bought a small plastic deck box and will store my MA acid in it. I plan to put it under a TV on the wall on my lanai. Will the box protect the TV? Also, can I store my pint size bottles of algae stop and clarifier with the MA? Thank you so much for your expertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a small plastic deck box and will store my MA acid in it. I plan to put it under a TV on the wall on my lanai. Will the box protect the TV? Also, can I store my pint size bottles of algae stop and clarifier with the MA? Thank you so much for your expertise.

No. The acid vapors can still escape from from the deck box and cause corrosion. The acid needs to be stored away from things in a well ventilated area. No other chemicals should be stored with it.

@Kirstine, first off ......... Welcome to TFP! :wave: Along with Matt's comment about the MA, I'll add some things since you are new to us and mentioned the algae stop and clarifier. I would encourage you to visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry page to understand the TFP concepts, and be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include your test kit as well. Also be sure to read and save those Vital Links below in my signature. All of those will help you tremendously. Something you'll learn here quickly is that we don't often recommend products like algae stop or clarifiers. In most cases they aren't required and just waste your money, but we can help you more with water chemistry later. Just let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for posting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.