New Member / New Pool Owner / Many Questions

Just got up.

FC 10
CC 0.5

Am I done?

Now what??? I'm assuming let my FC level drop to normal, and then test?

At this point I need to add about 1.5" of water, and raise my pH. So do I add water tonight, retest, and adjust FC and pH from there? Possibly CYA as well, if that is lower than it should be?

Now you let the FC drop naturally to your target number/range, and make sure the FC never drops below the minimum. If you ever see cloudiness again, you know what to do - SLAM. Once the FC drops below 10, you can check pH again as well and adjust that or any other items you may need to. Nice work!

Congrats! I'm super motivated that I can get mine together too. How many gallons did you end up putting into it? I bought a cart full of liquid chlorine at Walmart this morning and every person there had a comment. I felt like the cashier was going to report me for suspicious activity.

I went through about 20 gallons.

Finished adding water. Did a test after work about an hour ago.

FC 7
CC 0.5
CYA 30
TA 110
CH 250
pH 7.2

Seems everything is right on target. I'm amazed. Haven't added chlorine since last night. Only went down 1 ppm today.

Really can't thank you all enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.