New Member / New Pool Owner / Many Questions

If you still have a little sunlight over there, let it ride to see if your FC gets down to 9 so you can check pH. If not, increase/maintain the 12 overnight and you can check pH in the next day or so. I'm just thrilled you're finally holding FC. That's perfect!

I'm just talking to up my water level. I'm about 1.5"-2" lower than I should be right now.

Newest test

FC - 10
CC - 0.5

I'm thinking I'll do the overnight test tonight. Hoping that I pass. Huge turn around today. It seems I did all the work last night. I went out and bought 20 gallons of bleach, and went through about 3.5 today.

Oh sure, keep the water level midway up the skimmer like normal. As for the OCLT, I doubt you're quite there yet, but you're certainly welcome to try. I would still keep the FC at 12 until bedtime though. See how it holds overnight. Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last test before work

FC 13
CC 0
CYA 30

Huge improvement over two days ago. Love this forum. Thanks a lot. It looks like I caught something big before it became a real problem. Hoping I can hold this high FC level throughout the day, and maybe put this thing to bed after a test overnight.

Once

Yeah, you're on it now. Good job. I figured it may a little early for the OCLT, but at least your water does look much better from those pics. Algae is a funny thing because it's not always green and visible. Keep at it and when you get back home add some more bleach, and don't forget to do all the other things you see listed on the SLAM page, especially the brushing. You're gonna win this thing now I'm sure. Just be patient. Have a good one.

That's correct - maintain! Now is the time when FC holds so well you're read to quit ... but don't do it. Now is when you have to be really critical on everything about the pool and SLAM process (scrubbing the floor, walls, cleaning the filter, etc). If you have a ladder, remove it and check it really well - even in the steps. You'd be surprised how sneaky algae can be.

That's correct. Maintaining that FC of 12 is working to cleanse the water. That's another reason it's important to sweep & scrub because it breaks-up any algae with biofilms that tend to create a protective barrier of sorts. But keep that SLAM going until you pass the 3 criteria then you'll be in great shape.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.