New member from North Florida

Kirk569

Jan 31, 2020
Niceville, Florida
Hello,

I bought a home with a pool last summer and have been reading the forums for 6 months. I am an Aerospace Engineer and have spent the last few months rebuilding my Hayward Omnilogic after a board apparently failed, and then the heater failed. This is a long story and one I will post in another separate post. As an engineer and pool owner I cannot say I am pleased with Hayward right now for their incomplete documentation, and lack of any support from their so called Hayward dealers who know nothing about Omnilogic.

I have never taken care of a pool before but I seem to have the chemistry stable now and I am using a Taylor test kit to nail all the measurements. I must have metal in my local water supply because I developed metal stains in my pool and Metal Magic did wonders. I finally have everything working well and I am waiting for the Florida sun to heat my pool. It is already 66 degrees and it is only early March. It warmed 7 degrees in the last week of warmer weather. Neighbors tell me I will be swimming in April. Nearly every home on my street has a pool so I get lots of help.

Kirk