New Liner Installation, Objects Under Liner

SCon36

Jul 2, 2014
Bedford, KY
Had my liner replaced this week. Halfway filled and I see two places with something under liner. The worst is in the deep end. I swam down and it is really sharp! Contractor said drain the pool and he will remove on Monday. So...is this a good idea? Several years ago I had a guy go under my old liner and do a wall repair and that liner was never the same again. I’m worried to say the least.

Attachments

• 2AA1EFB0-A03F-476E-A308-E4FF489FADE7.jpeg
    2AA1EFB0-A03F-476E-A308-E4FF489FADE7.jpeg
    453.2 KB · Views: 41
@kimkats, do they go digging, or do they cut and patch the liner?

36, seems like you have no choice. If he's a standup guy, he'll make it right, one way or another.

They will take the liner off in that area ONLY and find a way to get to what ever that is. Hopefully they will not have to put their whole body down there as that can mess up the smooth bottom due to feet prints and such.

• Wow
Reactions: Dirk
Thanks for the follow up. Everybody likes a happy ending. But what was the scrap?! Don't leave us hangin'!!

I haven’t heard yet. I went down and checked befor and after I drained. It felt like a bracket of some kind but not sure. I know I felt a sheet metal screw after I drained it. I wasn’t able to be there when he did it and haven’t talked to him since. I’ll post when I find out for sure.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.