Chipmunk under liner

garycc

Feb 26, 2024
Rhode Island
Hi everyone, A chipmunk has burrowed under my above ground pool leaving a three foot depression, about two inches deep, starting about eight inches from the coping under the bottom of the liner! What is the best way to fill in this depression? Remove liner? Try to push sand under the pool wall to fill it back up? Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, that's a bit of a challenge. Hopefully the offender has found a new residence. Ideally sure, remove the liner and repair the base. But a dip of about 2 inches shouldn't be a deal break just yet I wouldn't think. Once the weather warms up and people get in the pool, some of the surround base might shift into the low area. If you are able to push some sand under there from the edge that couldn't hurt. Just be careful not to puncture the liner yourself by poking with something too hard or sharp. :hammer: Let us know how it goes.

That’s a new one! Usually we hear about moles or gophers. With water in the pool it will be hard to correct as there’s alot of pressure. I suspect that as the water warms up the liner will conform to the depression. So long as your cove is still intact it should be ok. Depending upon how soft your sand base is you may be able to massage the surrounding area into the void to help smooth things out a little & make the rift less pronounced. It may be a bit cold to attempt this right now. People have been able to use something like a weighted baseball bat wrapped in towels to assist or even just your feet 🦶
Are you sure theres not a leak that just washed out the sand?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.