New Intex 32x16x52 build with deck (lots of pictures)

Have you used the Cabot before? The reason I am asking is my husband redid our HUGE pool deck and he wants stain/sealer that is solid gray. I am guessing the Cabot comes in different colors. My main concern is will it wear off like paint?

Dang... you did a really good job with that build! Nice work! I love the pavers you used and your decision to cover the existing patio and extend out. I'm banking ideas for my intex build and i like that you used river rock for the perimeter. It all looks really good nice job

Have you used the Cabot before? The reason I am asking is my husband redid our HUGE pool deck and he wants stain/sealer that is solid gray. I am guessing the Cabot comes in different colors. My main concern is will it wear off like paint?

I got the Cabot at Lowes and there is a little sample booklet near the cans of stain that show a variety of sample colors. However, they just tint it like paint and they can actually match any color, like you would with paint. The grey I used was the ‘official’ Cabot ”Seacoast Grey”, but the white was a custom color because I didn’t really like any of the whites in the Cabot booklet. I have not used it before, but Cabot claims that it will last like 10 years. We’ll see if it really does. The wood really soaked up the stain, so I feel like that’s a good sign. It comes in a transparent (like a traditional stain), semi-transparent (which has more color, but still lets some of the wood grain show through) and solid (which is what I used and looks more like a paint). The solid is supposed to last the longest as well.

The UV protection claim for the solid is what got his attention. Here is hoping the reviews done by some about it peeling up after a while do not happen to either of us!

From what I read, it’s the prep work that makes the difference. I pressure washed the deck before I applied it and also used a brush to apply it, since that is supposed to work it into the wood more than just rolling or spraying.

What a great read! I am about to embark on a similar journey, and this gave me faith in where I am going and angst at how much work lies ahead! Great job on the pool and deck, it all looks fantastic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.