New Intex 32x16x52 build with deck (lots of pictures)

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
1935C057-EB22-4D80-8D26-F65644CA9365.jpeg
Finished the second step, and with that the flooring is completely finished.
499C35AA-E310-40AF-A143-4354925D2816.jpeg
The gate is under construction
F428BA23-3970-4F60-8F0F-0F7E78AEDAD0.jpeg
And the rails are beginning to look more like rails.

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
Some led striping under the hand rail would look awsome!
I was also thinking some recessed low voltage lighting in the stairs and those horizontal boards would look great.
Lol, I haven’t even begun to think about lighting, but those are both great ideas. I think the lightning may need to wait for a little while though because I’m gonna need a little break after the deck is finished:)

AveMaria472

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2018
Walton, KY
I really enjoyed reading through your entire build! It is very similar to our build (prepping ground, pool install, paver patio, deck), except we did ours over two spring/early summer seasons. You can view our build at the link in my signature. I can't wait to see pics of your railing and the whole project completed! Keep up the good work!!! You'll be swimming much sooner than we will up here in northern KY. Our pool won't even be uncovered for another month. :cry:

Gladius Nova

Dec 29, 2016
Fair Oaks Ranch, TX
Lol, I haven’t even begun to think about lighting, but those are both great ideas. I think the lightning may need to wait for a little while though because I’m gonna need a little break after the deck is finished:)
Yes, you deserve a much needed break after all that (great) work! Do you plan on staining it or leaving it in it's "natural" state?

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
Yes, you deserve a much needed break after all that (great) work! Do you plan on staining it or leaving it in it's "natural" state?
Haha, thanks. I think I’ll sleep for the next few days. Maybe for the next week;)

I don’t think I’ll stain it. I might put a sealant on it, but probably nothing more than that.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
don’t think I’ll stain it. I might put a sealant on it, but probably nothing more than that
Its usually best to wait about a year for it to dry out first so it will accept the sealer/stain for deeper penetration. The trick to know when is to sprinkle water on it occasionally after a while. Once it stops beading up into drops and starts to soak into the wood, it is ready to accept the finish coat. In the same fashion, when the water stops beading up again after a season or two, it’s time to reseal it.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Also, if you go with a sealer like Thompson’s, it is best to do 2 very light coats, as much as a miserable chore that it is. It is very easy to use too much and the excess stays very oily on the surface. You will track it into the pool or the house for months.

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
Now to get the water temp up so you can enjoy it!!
Its getting there. It was at 74 today and it seems to be gaining about 2 degrees a day, so I’m hoping it will hit 76 tomorrow. That’s a bit cooler than I’d prefer, but warm enough that I might still swim for a bit:)

Reactions: kimkats