New in NC!

Tarheel2000

May 14, 2020
Monroe, NC
Hi everyone! This is our first pool, we bought the house with the pool last summer. I was back and forth to the pool store last summer checking my levels and spending lots of $$ on their chemicals. Not doing that this year, I just bought a Taylor 2006 test kit, which I love. I am determined to do most of this pool care with my own testing and chemicals from now on!

Hello! As mentioned in a few other places in this forum, it may be worth it to buy a Taylor SpeedStir as well. Mine is arriving tomorrow. I look forward to no longer having to go "One...[swirl swirl swirl]...Two...[swirl swirl swirl]...Three...[swirl swirl swirl]...Three...Wait, where was I again?"

Hello! As mentioned in a few other places in this forum, it may be worth it to buy a Taylor SpeedStir as well. Mine is arriving tomorrow. I look forward to no longer having to go "One...[swirl swirl swirl]...Two...[swirl swirl swirl]...Three...[swirl swirl swirl]...Three...Wait, where was I again?"

Thanks! I will look that up! I did see it mentioned in a YouTube video. I did just buy the Taylor phosphate test kit too, it’s arriving this weekend. My level was 2800 (pool store had to test that) and my pool was not holding chlorine for a while, so that’s been an issue for us. I put in a phosphate remover and I think it worked.