New IG pool build in Fort Worth, TX

Fingers crossed for electrical to start tomorrow. I feel better now that the junk is all in one pile!

01_DAD5_D6-994_B-41_A0-8561-3_DBA57291_CC0.jpg

I hear ya on the trashed yard. I hated that phase but we got lucky since there was little rain and pool was completed in just under 6 weeks. Then I wasted no time getting the sod put down so the kids and dog could play. Did I tell you I hated that phase! It will all pass quickly (looking back) :)

Electricians showed up today! PB said we’ll have an inspection tomorrow then decking work can start hopefully later this week. I paid the electrician an extra $100 to put in an extra GFI outlet where my pool light switch will be located. That should give me plenty of outlets for my low voltage lighting plans.

Looking great! Man, I think I got taken. I had the electrician put in outlets on either side of the fence and I paid 500. They had to run quite a bit of wire, but you got a bargain! You are sailing along. I am going to be insanely jealous if you finish before we do. :D

OMG, that stone is beautiful!! Nice job!

Thank you! I’m considering sealing the flagstone so it always looks “wet” but not sure if I’ll do that right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking great! Man, I think I got taken. I had the electrician put in outlets on either side of the fence and I paid 500. They had to run quite a bit of wire, but you got a bargain! You are sailing along. I am going to be insanely jealous if you finish before we do. :D

I was pleasantly surprised it was only $100! But they just added an outlet where my pool light switch was going to be so it wasn’t a whole of extra work. This gives me a GFCI outlet at the equipment pad and another GFCI on the opposite side of my yard. This will allow me to install two transformers and have shorter runs of low voltage wire.

It seems to be picking up steam; especially if we get decking this week. That would leave clean up and plaster hopefully sometime next week.

Sealing the flagstone is one of those tough personal decisions. I sealed mine when the pool was built...now fast forward almost a year later and I was faced with re-sealing or leave it natural. After reading lots of pros and cons I decided to pass on re-sealing. Im glad I did the initial step...

Sealing the flagstone is one of those tough personal decisions. I sealed mine when the pool was built...now fast forward almost a year later and I was faced with re-sealing or leave it natural. After reading lots of pros and cons I decided to pass on re-sealing. Im glad I did the initial step...

Good feedback, thanks! Right now I will probably wait as I have a long list of other projects that I want to work on and ultimately I'll have to get approval from the wife to do so. I'll probably live with it as-is for awhile and see how I feel later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A few photos from the work completed today.

Pool light switch and extra electrical outlet for my low-voltage project:
462032_DF-1_D95-492_E-9_C55-_B71_BDC4_FF6_D8.jpg

Electrical box, additional GFCI and timer:
A27EC58A-1809-4832-B727-11B3E090C6D1.jpg

01_C98_A9_E-_EAEA-4944-_AF99-9614_C9436150.jpg

Ditch for electrical to panel in the garage:
FAC8CDC2-0A78-4B46-9BF0-F84B8357E8CE.jpg

Pool light works! I'll take some night shots later on but this is going to be fun for the kids:
8_F198_CC9-_E88_B-4_FD3-_A3_C6-_D92_D5_E0_CB82_E.jpg

88885_ED0-2_DC1-4_E8_B-9_EF0-511801_CDC76_E.jpg

All looks great! I love your lights. Ours gave a plastic surround and don’t look anywhere near as nice as yours. I just paid $200 last week for an additional double outdoor power point. That was including call out fee since we added it after the initial electrics. We are in Australia so obviously price/dollar differences but still a lot of prices seem quite similar.

Electrical passed inspection. Next up will be decking. Hopefully that will start tomorrow or end of the week at the latest.

Do you think I should have a load of dirt brought in to backfill around the pipes? Otherwise I'll have to backfill with all the rock that was dug up and I have concerns that could damage my pipes in the long run.

Last edited:
My wife and I backfilled over the electrical line today with the dirt/rock combo that was already on our side of the pool. I'll let the pro's do the backfill over the water pipes so if anything does get damaged it won't be my responsibility. I'm going to have 8 yds of top soil delivered on Thursday so I can start repairing the yard after the decking is finished (they are due tomorrow to start setting the forms).

Found these nice LED Edison bulb lights today at Costco for $40. 48' ft long with 24 bulbs at a total of 24 W and they really put out some nice light. I bought 2 sets but only needed 1 so I'll be returning the extras.

27A9B7C0-0DFC-45C6-B4D0-0C8800D2CF19.jpg

0F595778-37FD-40CC-87A7-5A463E6AEF5E.jpg

E07342B9-A34C-4405-81BD-4CB03616F54E.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.