New IG Pool Build - Cincinnati (northern Kentucky) - please advise

Hey, Jason, I live just north of Cincinnati. [ps. Todd.brock, this is for you too]. Not sure if you are having a pool light installed, but if you do, for goodness sakes have them get one with a long cord so the electrical junction can be well away from the pool. When our pool was installed, I didn't know squat and relied on the PB. we ended up with a 2ft tall pipe sticking out of the ground about 3 ft behind the diving board. what a pain, not to mention unsightly. no longer.:cool:

Hey, Jason, I live just north of Cincinnati. [ps. Todd.brock, this is for you too]. Not sure if you are having a pool light installed, but if you do, for goodness sakes have them get one with a long cord so the electrical junction can be well away from the pool. When our pool was installed, I didn't know squat and relied on the PB. we ended up with a 2ft tall pipe sticking out of the ground about 3 ft behind the diving board. what a pain, not to mention unsightly. no longer.:cool:

Thanks for the tip—I ordered an LED with a long cord, figured too much was better than not-enough.

All parts are in, permits and HOA approved, electrician comes Thursday... just waiting on PB to break ground

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
-- Yesterday they got the walls and stairs up, footer poured
-- Today they are doing plumbing and electrical, setting up all the equipment and then backfilling this afternoon

I think the inspection is tomorrow, PB thinks we will be swimming by Memorial Day... this is crazy process has been this fast, I was worried we might not get in for a while.

Congrats on the build Jason...I have a lot of family in your neck of the woods (Erlanger, Florence) beautiful area!

Your pool will be awesome! I got lucky with an awesome PB. If there is anyway to stretch your budget to add more decking I would go for it. I would go ahead and order a TF-100 test kit and start practicing using tap water to get a head start and comfort level. Great choice in getting a robot pool cleaner out of the gate!

Thank you--I looked at your build thread from last year, looks awesome. I grew up in Erlanger.

This is our first pool, paying cash so it's basic compared to yours. One day we will have a little more land and a little more pool!

All the equipment connections, plumbing, was finished this morning. Concrete guy is out today forming everything up... inspection tomorrow. Looks like weekend or next week will be liner installed and concrete pour! Amazing how fast this is going with good weather.

Might be swimming by Memorial Day -- would have never believed that going under contact in February and all the pool builders saying they couldn't get to me until August or so.

Catching up with this thread....
This is our first pool, paying cash so it's basic compared to yours. One day we will have a little more land and a little more pool!

Never feel like your pool is "basic"...it is a luxury all *paid for* and you can sleep well knowing its payments don't hang over your head. I think Dave Ramsey once said that when he drives his "basic" car to the stop light and sees some young'un in their leased BMW, all he thinks is "That's an $800 a month payment I don't have! Whew!"

Keep up the pics please!

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.