New IG build League City, TX

Well what I can see of the deck it looks great! Sad the rain caused some issues :(

Gurrrrrrrrrrr on the gas company! Here is hoping the phone call will do it tomorrow! If not I guess you could fly me over there and let me drop in on them so *charm* them into fixing you up! LOL

Kim:kim:

How is your pH? It is pushing up fast?

Kim,

Can’t believe I forgot to post it but it had been holding pretty steady at 7.5 for about a week. Yesterday it finally crept up to 7.8. I added the most Muriatic acid the first week since then very little. I’m surprised after all I’ve read it seems that pH goes up rapidly in new plaster. The PB also left me with 4-gallons of acid. I’ve used about 1 and a half.

In a new pool with new plaster this time of year, it's not the worse thing if your pH is in the upper 7s. The colder water lowers your CSI, so the elevated pH helps to counter-balance that while the plaster cures in the first few weeks. Of course much of your pH rise also hinges on your current TA and amount of (or lack of) pool activity (aeration). As we progress into the new season and water temps increase, you'll see a big shift in your Poolmath CSI calculation. Something to watch.

In a new pool with new plaster this time of year, it's not the worse thing if your pH is in the upper 7s. The colder water lowers your CSI, so the elevated pH helps to counter-balance that while the plaster cures in the first few weeks. Of course much of your pH rise also hinges on your current TA and amount of (or lack of) pool activity (aeration). As we progress into the new season and water temps increase, you'll see a big shift in your Poolmath CSI calculation. Something to watch.

That makes sense. No pool activity in this cold. It will be interesting to see how it all changes when it warms up.

Sounds like your pool is really going to be a Trouble Free Pool! :party:

Thanks Kim! That is definitely the goal! Next step will be learning how to make adjustments on my SWG which should get turned on this week.

Right, it has to be 60 or warmer or they don’t work. Well, at least I’ve got my liquid chlorine to hold me over till it stays above 60. It has been hovering just above or below 60 the last few days. What can ya do?

Thanks poolbella for your help. I tired your contact but I have gotten no response. I don’t understand how they work. I hope your heater is up and running. At least one of us can enjoy their spa!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I told my PB about my issue with the gas company. They called for me and told me that I should hear from them in the next few days. So, here’s to hoping this finally gets Centerpoint gas on the ball.

They are coming to seal the coping on Saturday and SWG gets turned on next Wednesday. I did not pay extra to seal the coping they just kinda threw it in there. I’m sure I paid for it somehow but I have no complaints. I love my PB. They’ve exceeded my expectations. With this being our first pool, I was so scared about picking a PB. It is quite a daunting task. There are so many variables. Anyone can sell you a pool but it’s another thing to deliver. They delivered.

I have to say that now that I have completed the NPC 28-day plaster start up, it was weird not brushing the pool today and not running all the tests. I just checked the chlorine and pH. I saw one leaf at the bottom of my pool so I ran the Tiger shark. I’ve only been using him about once a week. No foliage in the backyard means very little debris(the way I like it). It’s been windy lately so that’s the only way I get leaves.

The only thing I plan on doing for now is slowly bring my CH up to TFP levels for my SWG. It’s currently 200(NPC recommended to not exceed 200 for first 28-days).

Even though I can’t use it yet, it sure is pretty to look at!
59D9102B-16C7-46A7-8C7A-A8E07B6074A8.jpeg09048812-47F9-4FBE-A47D-0F34C3556FFB.jpeg

Reactions: galowbraw
Gas or not....color schemes look great!

Thanks! When you pick out small samples it’s always hard to imagine what it’ll look like on a large scale. It turned out better than we even imagined. We’re glad, b/c it won’t be changed for a long, long time.

Reactions: galowbraw
What I can't wait for is when the sun hits it hard and there is a slight wind to move the water. The water will just about blind you with it's BLING! The other thing that will be *fun* for you to experience is when the water is so still that when you glance at the pool and don't see any water! You will have to run out there to make sure it is still there and realize it is just that clear!

Add salt time=diamond day! Kids love to swim in the pool while you add the salt. If they swim under the water the salt will look like diamonds! Their swimming will also help mix the salt faster so it is a win-win!

Kim,
Sounds great! I love staring at the water now. I just need it to be warm enough so I can jump in!!!!

Poolbella,

My kids got in for a little bit last week when it hit 80-down here! Now that it’s been a tad warmer I’ve been hopping in the tanning ledge after running to cool down my legs. It’s so nice. Have you used your heater yet? And have y’all figured out what y’all are going to do for decking?

In other news I FINALLY, heard from the gas company. I paid my $350 for the new meter and emailed Daniele back. Prolly won’t hear back till Tuesday at the earliest. Monday is a holiday. So close to being completely done.

Last edited:
Woohoo!

So disappointed to find the forecast changed for today ? We have heated the spa only once, the heater is so loud that I’m too nervous about annoying the neighbors!

Decking is an ongoing situation. The first company I spoke to was getting back to me with an amended quote, but hasn’t. Second company came in a lot higher than we were expecting, so we’re still looking. Third company comes highly recommended but I can’t get hold of them so ?‍♀️

Reactions: Jbrillo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.