New IG build League City, TX

Looking good!

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Sure hope they come out before a big rain though. Would hate to have that pretty work undone :(

Its guranteed to rain before they come back to pour concrete but it held up the other day when it rained. They compacted the sand really well. So here’s hoping that it continues to hold up.

Tldude876,

Thanks......I’m really looking forward to having some fun. I am so tired of mess that comes with construction. Plus, I, ready to see some pretty blue water in my pool instead of yucky rain water.

Yippeeskippy,

As far as I know, the only drains I’ll have are the three deck drains already in place. The gutters are tied into them as well. Do I need channel drains too?

Yippeeskippy,

As far as I know, the only drains I’ll have are the three deck drains already in place. The gutters are tied into them as well. Do I need channel drains too?

The reason I asked is that your decking goes up to both the house and the pool. Usually decking is ever-so-slightly tilted so that water runs off. I'm just not sure where your water will go since you don't want it in either the house foundation nor the pool? If you've got the deck drains (I didn't see 'em) you're fine!

Maddie :flower:

If the framing of the deck is any indication, there is a slight tilt and it should drain towards the front of the house.

Well, at least I hope that’s how it works!

Thankfully the rain we had today was fairly light, and I think we only have a couple of hours left of it tomorrow. Hopefully your sand is still looking good!

Thankfully it appears they packed it well! It still looks good. Don’t know when they’ll be able to pour it.

Hows your mud pit holding up? I haven’t seen an update.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cliff,

Slowly but surely......slowly but surely.

Pool guy says they should pour deck this week. It suppose to rain here Wednesday and Thursday and be sunny Friday and Saturday. I assume they need at least a day to dry so hopefully they will do it on Saturday. We’ve had a couple of good rains and I can see a few spots where the rebar is touching the ground. Ugh!

Update:

Pool guy came out on New Year’s Eve to check deck before inspection. I noticed the pressure gauge was at zero and told him about it. He said it may have dropped when they added the valves for the scuppers. I admit I’ve been a little bad at checking it. It’s held at 20psi for so long(since the beginning of November) I hadn’t checked it in a few weeks. He repressurized the line and told me to keep an eye on it. Well its slowly dropped since Monday. As of this morning, it’s down to 16psi. I told the pool guy and he said he’s gonna hold up on the decking and get the plumbers out to check it first. So now I’m waiting on plumbers, which is fine with me. I’d rather everything be checked and ok than rush things.

Finally got decking today!
FFF8084F-797E-41EE-B54F-241186325533.jpg14C963B7-7B9E-4A0E-8A87-75F6AC78288E.jpg
04C57645-BD40-4473-999B-CE086C14EB7E.jpgDDFBC731-DDE1-43DA-A682-D34557B824D8.jpg
98BE012F-F245-4DF0-AB72-AD83B1F39512.jpg
They are coming Friday to prep for plaster. Hope to get plaster Monday or Tuesday next week. Fingers crossed! We are getting close to the end of construction.

Thank you Kim and Ctrav!!!

I am so excited to know I can step out of my back door tomorrow and NOT be in mud!!! I will be hoping for some good deals before summer b/c I’ll need them!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.