New Hot Tub

kaquon13

Apr 26, 2021
Texas
Just bought a new American Spas Model AM-756LS and I don't know anything about hot tubs. My wife told me to start with this forum first before we start buying all kinds of chemicals as we did without the pool that we have. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Hey Kaquon👋 Welcome!
Here’s a few links to get u on your way
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
A proper test kit is a must as strips are fairly useless when it comes to accuracy.
the Taylor k2006 or the tf100 are the ones we recommend
Test Kits Compared
Depending on your sanitizer choice
(These are also pinned @ the top of this forum) 👇

I prefer the ease of chlorine coupled with a salt water chlorine generator to do most of the heavy lifting.

Also a purge of the plumbing is always recommended as new spas are wet tested at the factory so biofilms grow while in transit. I recommend Ahhsome as it truly is Ahhsome 😊.
Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner (2 oz.) - Ahh-Some
It doesn’t take much so there are several uses in the container depending on the size of your spa. Many folks try to skip this step only to have a chlorine demand/cc problem or experience rashes - so learn from their mistakes 😊
Basically u need :
A test kit,
A purge product,
A sanitizer- ( dichlor & unscented non splashless bleach) or (bromide & bromine + oxidizer etc)
Muriatic acid - for lowering ph
Baking soda - incase ta gets too low

Reactions: jseyfert3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.