New Hayward selectaflow Multiport Leak

Woodywood

In The Industry
May 23, 2022
South Texas
just Replaced a Hayward 2” multiport valve with new housing . Old valve was leaking too; i Overtightened screws on the old valve ( trying to stop the leak around the screw flange ) and cracked the housing . Just replaced the entire unit and now have yhe same leak around the screw flange .
Took new valve out and inspected spider gasket and oring . Greased both and put valve back into the housing the correct way. I crossed pattern torqued the screws evenly and tightened the valve onto the housing. When I turned on the pump the unit primed and water shot out around entire the screw flange and slowly began to almost stop leaking. Then small drip from one area around a screw . The screws are torqued evenly around flange and very snug . Pressure is fairly high (32 psi) after backwash . Filters are in great shape and clean.
Pressure is 32 but would that force the valve to leak ?

You don't say what size filter, but 32psi is a lot for any system. Is there a valve closed or partially closed somewhere after the filter?
Stays at 30-32 running to Waste too
You don't say what size filter, but 32psi is a lot for any system. Is there a valve closed or partially closed somewhere after the filter?
Hayward pro grid 60 DE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.