New guy needs help

It was not possible to have that much lower CH in your pool vs your fill water unless you drained over half the pool and filled it with rain water.

There is a testing error somewhere.

It was not possible to have that much lower CH in your pool vs your fill water unless you drained over half the pool and filled it with rain water.

There is a testing error somewhere.
I agree but I tested it 3-4 times with the same result. 10ml, 10 drops and 3 drops. drop and wiping between till it goes, and stays blueish.

I'm wondering if i have a leak and with my auto fill i am replacing half the pool, but CYA would be effected too.

How long since you last filled?
Lots of rain?

Yeah, that's not the usual case at all...
Filled mid February, normal spring rain (last night 8" but I haven't tested today)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If stored in normal temperatures the reagent will last one year, if not two.

As you get towards the last regent in a bottle you tend to squeeze the bottle when doing the test. The drops should form naturally and drop off the bottle tip with the bottle held vertically. If you squeeze the bottle, the drops are smaller and your results will be skewed.

Pool math tells me to add 14lbs of calcium. On a scale 32 oz in a measuring cup weighs ~1lbs. So do I add 14-32oz cup full? Or 7 cups full? This is a huge variance?
I believe it has by volume OR by weight

:edit: What is your calcium level that you are wanting to add that much?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.