New Gunite Pool - Carroll County MD - PICTURES

well jmill...all in all hopefully your pool will be completed and you and yours will forget this mess with the enjoyment a pool can provide. having been in contracting so long nothing....absolutely nothing surprises me anymore. the customer, whether it be in pool building, home building or remodeling has so many options at their disposal to keep a GC in check and simply play by their rules with no thought to the consequences. don't know about laws in Maryland, but in LA he can go to jail for what he did...misallocating a customer's funds is against the law and should be dealt with accordingly.

keep posting pics of pool...want to see the finished product with family doing cannonballs! :cheers:

UPDATE:

Pool right after filling

18596389586_000331910d_z.jpg

Pool next day, initial PH was 7.2 so we added chlorine and started brushing

18435070010_1272b2024a_z.jpg

River Jack around decking and equipment (sod going in this weekend)

18618176762_d204495385_z.jpg

18435003498_5c7cd0d3e6_z.jpg

Thanks all. I will update as we finish.

Chemistry question; I've read all over the forum about proper start up. Well the start up company came out yesterday (one day after filling was finished) and tested my water and the PH was perfect. So he added chlorine tabs to the skimmers which is all good. However he then added 6 scoops of powder "shock". Needless to say, I was in shock as everything I read said NOT to shock new plaster. Now my Chlorine is through the roof (around 10) and my Ph is still balanced, 7.4 this morning.

So question is, did the start up company compromise the new plaster with the shock? I will add we have been brushing 4-5 times a day if that helps

Great looking pool! You've got the exact same 15'x35' rectangular dimensions as what we're waiting to get started on (minus the additional "L" that you have). And it just so happens that we have a couple of boxers waiting to enjoy the pool too!
View attachment 38067

We love the shape of the pool. Give the kids plenty of play area and still get a 7'6 deep end for the jump rock. Our boxer hasn't jumped in yet. He isn't much of a water dog, likes to just lie on the edge of the coping so the girls can splash him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's one thing after another..... since we started the equipment we haven't been able to keep the Paramount main drain from sucking dry through the in deck SVRS mechanism (Paramount MVFuse). Come to find out the plumbing is completely wrong!!! You can see in the first picture below how the plumbing should be run. Main drain should run up the wall of the pool then a "T" is installed to connect it to the MVFuse suction release mechanism. Well they just ran the plumbing "through" the MVFuse mechanism (I circled where they essentially ran a pipe out of the mechanism a to the pump). You can see in my plumbing picture there is no "T" under the MV Fuse mechanism (little canister next to the skimmer). So, we now have to tear up the new decking to get to the pipes and rework the plumbing :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

RIGHT FROM THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL I FOUND ONLINE (SOMEONE CAN'T READ OR APPRANTLY UNDERSTAND SIMPLE PLUMBING!!)

18683726002_8631a89da2_z.jpg

MY PLUMBING

18500713888_8913e9869e.jpg

Luckily the company who did my plumbing was a national company. The GM is from Texas and happen to be in MD to do field inspections. So, she called me direct and asked to come see my pool tomorrow. I am praying this is a good sign and they don't say "oh well, your contract was with MD Pools" :(

Plumber just left... she seemed like she wanted to do the right thing but said "I have to look at the plumbing plans from MD Pools to make sure they didn't say to plumb it that way". I HIGHLY doubt the plumbing plans are that detailed as it probably just shows they need to plumb in the MVFuse canister. She admitted the instructions were pretty clear. I also asked her how many of these Paramount systems they do, she said "A whole lot of them". To which I replied, "then either a whole lot of them are wrong or someone just screwed mine up". ;)

She laughed and said, "I see where your going with this....."

She said she will get back to me Monday but wanted time to look over the plans and talk with the crew that did the work.

At least it was not "Sorry we cannot help you".

I would document the date, time, names, what was talked about now while it is fresh in your mind. Maybe email it to her to make sure she agrees that is what was said.
Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.