New Geometric Owner Build in Orlando

Travis how are things going? Water looking pretty?

It's going well, just finishing the cure and startup procedures. The water is still a little cloudy, but I will admit that we were busy this weekend and the pool didn't get the attention it probably needed. Should be working on the balancing of the water this week, so hopefully things will clear up by this weekend.

UPDATE TIME!

So there has been a ton of small movement over the past few weeks, but nothing major to write home about or show off. That is, until this week.

We finished up all the plumbing inspections and underground work, and then it was on to pouring the screen footer and having the tile installed. The concrete crew I hired was top notch and did an amazing job on the screen footer. It is a shame everyone looks at me like I'm insane when rambling on about how well it came out.

On to the pictures!

Monday of this week the guys came out to go over the plan, dig the trench required by the footer (12" of it has to be below grade) and lay up the forms. We also had the tile guy come by on Tuesday to prep the top of the bond beam for the tile work this week.

Bbn96vp.jpg

3vDaSx0.jpg

I got out there this week between inspections to add the bonding jumper (later found out they would have gladly done this for me) and to add 1" conduits in the column locations for low voltage lighting and a second 1" conduit for the two middle columns so I can pull a drip irrigation line if we decide to put a planter on top. Today was the big pour and also had the tile guy working through his install.

ThpuU8n.jpg

h7YuGyK.jpg

KTwUnoB.jpg

And lastly a close up of the bling!

ip3fPhk.jpg

Up next will be the construction of the water effect columns and burying a gas line conduit for a fire pit on the deck. I've also got to start making headway on the installation of the electrical equipment by the filtration pad since we are a few short weeks from the pebble finish and will need the equipment up and running for the fill. The travertine will also be going in on 12/10.
I’m in central Florida as well and I’m looking for a concrete crew to pour a retaining wall in the backyard. You mine sharing who you used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.