New Geometric IG Pool in DFW

So we got our concrete deck this weekend! Guys came and poured it Saturday and then back today for the expansion joints and 2 x 2 scoring. It's a simple, clean look. Just broom finished, standard colored concrete. We will dress is up with furniture and umbrellas. We had two umbrella sleeves set in the patio. I'm slightly annoyed that they are not perfectly symmetrical, but perfection is overrated. ;)

I have no clue on the particulars, but I guess the plumber didn't set the fill line correctly so the concrete guys had to cut a piece of the coping to get the line out of the way for the concrete. PB assures us this will be fixed. He has really been great to work with so I'm not worried. This week will be clean up, grading, little fixes, then pre plaster inspection. Then we should have a ballpark on when to expect PebbleSheen. I hear they are very backed up, so I'm not getting my snorkel on just yet.

qxWJZsf.jpg

gTzCxU4.jpg

QIMEqzE.jpg

Thanks kristmas! Right now we plan to just have grass on the back side of the pool. Our yard really isn’t very big and our sweet mini golden doodle Indiana will not be pleased if we take more of his domain. In the future, we may decide to do some planting or create a raised bed if we feel we need some privacy from the trail behind the house.

I'd love to be posting plaster news, but no clue where we are on the schedule. We did pass pre plaster inspection on Friday which means our fence is once again up. Our dog has been ecstatic! We decided we didn't need water in the pool to lounge so we spent a big part of the weekend camping out on the new patio, dreaming of splash time.

My husband is a great handyman so he installed some low voltage lighting on the fence and around the pool on Sunday. I may be biased, but I think it looks pretty darn fantastic.

zGRBAMd.jpg

He used these lights from Lowe's in case anyone is interested:

Shop Portfolio 4 Path Light + 2 Spot Light Kit at Lowes.com

Shop Portfolio 2-Watt Specialty textured bronze Low Voltage LED Post Deck Light at Lowes.com

Agree no bias at all...not only does it look awesome but your hubby/handyman can swing by anytime :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Such a difference with the fence up and the lightening is perfect. Sets such a lovely scene. Wish my hubby was a little more handy... I don’t trust him with anything electrical, low voltage or not! Love that you are enjoying your pool even without pebble or water. I hear you on leaving grass for your dog. We have taken almost half of our dogs yard and wouldn’t want to take any more either.

The low voltage lighting looks great! I'm planning something similar, but want to re-stain my fence before installing. I'm hoping by this weekend my yard will be cleared up enough to where I have access again to all my fence line and I can get the staining done.

You're almost to the finish line!

Right now we plan to just have grass on the back side of the pool.
Over 80% of my pool surround is grass, right up to the coping (just the stairs end is pavers). I think you'll like it, especially since you have the patio. The grass is nice to look at and nice to walk on (people and pets). Looks great!

Just a pain when cutting and trying to keep it out of the pool Im sure...at least I fight with that :)

Thanks for the positive posts guys! (And you're right ctrav, keeping the grass out of the pool will be a big issue. In the winter, the grass is like straw and gets everywhere.)

Much to my surprise and delight Wednesday ended up being plaster day! We have some uncovered dirt around the pool, so I'm a little nervous but we will keep on top of maintenance. They came today and did the acid wash and started filling. The hose from the front of the house won't quite reach the middle of the pool. We are just going to have one hose going until the water reaches the second hose and then we will turn it on as well. The end is in sight. (This is Ocean Blue PebbleSheen.)

bO6wQfw.jpg

cpCSGE0.jpg

Perhaps a short raised wall/beam around the pool? I have plenty of decking around my pool and its still a pain. Using hair nets in the skimmers helps a great deal...

Ri7v1o92Q3KeMRrdbL5%gw.jpg

A raised beam is a great idea to help as a barrier. Someone here early in my build suggested one to help with privacy from the trail behind our house. A big possibility for phase 2!

Love your pool and material choices. Such a lovely setting.

I can't wait to see that when it is done curing! The color is awesome now!!

Make sure you have a manual vacuum to clean out any dirt that might get into the pool. You can get a butterfly vacuum head from Walmart and such. NO wheels allowed for the first 30 days. This head has brushes on the bottom so is okay to use.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.