Sprinkler Reroute
Top Soil
IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: jark87
Can someone look over the equipment I have? Is the filter large enough? Any other thoughts on the design? Is it OK to up the decking up to the foundation, or is it recommended to leave a flower bed for irrigation? I had one foundation company recommend decking up to the foundation and another recommended a flower bed for moisture. Thanks!

That filter is plenty large enough - it’s huge! I have the same one for my 25K gallon pool.

Filter pump: Is that a variable speed pump? If not, I strongly recommend one.

Ditch the cleaner pump and the Polaris. Get an electric robot instead, which will do a better job of cleaning and cheaper than the pump, associated plumbing, and Polaris in your bid.

2 skimmers and 5 returns: those look good. It’s very useful to have 2 skimmers, 1 at each end of the pool, because wind directions change.

As for decking up to the foundation, I left a 2’ wide strip open and put artificial turf there, which is porous and will let water through. It looks great and is comfortable to walk on. I almost wish I had made the turf area larger as another “yard” area.

Thanks Dtkokay!
The Jandy ePump is a VS, so good there. I was not sure how to determine filter size and saw Jandy has 3 sizes, so that's great it could work for a 25k pool!

I do hate the suction line floating around w a pump cleaner. Is anyone concerned with the power cord for the robots? Can you swim with the robot in the water? Do you leave a robot in the pool all/most of the time like a pump cleaner?

I have seen reports of Oklahoma flagstone flaking off into the pool. It seems to be a real variable stone where some pieces flake off where others are just fine. I personally would consider a different stone.

I believe that a "Fusion-Salt" system is half saltwater generator and half mineral system... If it is the one I am thinking about I highly recommend that you never, ever, use the mineral side..

Let's see of @PoolGate has an input on this...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I put my robot in once a week, the day my yard guys mow because some grass always ends up in the pool. I’ll let it run 1-3 cycles depending on how much junk is in the pool, then I take it out the next morning.

Many folks leave the robot in for extended periods. I personally don’t like the look of the robot in the pool. The cord is very light, so it’s easy to coil up and then remove the robot for storage. I didn’t get a robot cart because they take up too much floor space. I store mine on a shelf in the garage.

As for the robot itself, keep in mind that it’s low voltage, even though it’s electric. You aren’t sending 120V into your pool. There is a controller box that you plug into a house outlet, and then that box send the low voltage through the power cable to the robot. I have swum with the robot in the pool without any worry.

The "Fusion Salt" I assume they mean "FusionSoft" by Nature2. Make sure they are specifying the 1400 series and not the smaller 700 series. Don't allow him to install the mineral cartridge but the chlorine generator portion is awesome. When you see it in the equipment pile, open up the box and hide the mineral cartridge and if they give you another cartridge, take that one too. You can sell those on ebay.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
The "Fusion Salt" I assume they mean "FusionSoft" by Nature2. Make sure they are specifying the 1400 series and not the smaller 700 series. Don't allow him to install the mineral cartridge but the chlorine generator portion is awesome. When you see it in the equipment pile, open up the box and hide the mineral cartridge and if they give you another cartridge, take that one too. You can sell those on ebay.

Sell the mineral cartridge on eBay ... great idea!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice design! You’ll enjoy the spa being near your house. We flipped our original design so that the front of the spa would be visible from the house, but a wet bathing suit makes for a long walk on a cold night!

A couple of comments based on our experience:
1. We’ve had Oklahoma flagstone for 13 years with no issue. The batch used around the top of the spa seems a little “softer than the pool coping and has had some very minor flaking, but nothing to cause any concern. But that also confirms the observation from JJ_Tex above.
2. I know I’m in the minority on in-wall pump cleaner vs. robot, but I really like not having to drag a cleaner in/out of storage. My brother-in-law switched to a robot a few years back and complains about the process.
3. Get as much decking as your space will allow. Once you add the obligatory grill, tables and seating, things can get congested quickly. Our patio/decking gets more practical use than the pool itself.

Best of luck with your build! And enjoy the process!

Reactions: jmp0283
Finally had our dig day! I think they did a great job. Any ideas on what to put over the rough grade for the next couple months so mud and dirt doesn't get on shoes and paws?

Attachments

• 20200915_183658.jpg
    20200915_183658.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200917_144051.jpg
    20200917_144051.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 26
Indoor/outdoor carpet is between $0.50 and $1.50 a sq ft at HD/Lowe’s. Mine was only for a month and change so I used pavers/ stepping stones and repurposed them after. They didn’t help the dog any, he couldn’t grasp the concept, but they worked great for everybody else.

Reactions: jmp0283
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.