New florida build-2nd go around!

We are going back and forth on the tighter screen. I want it bc I know how bad the gnats and stuff are bc I see them bothering my horses and know they can get bad. Hubby is annoyed with the gnats too but is concerned about even more sun being blocked with the tighter screen and cooling the pool too much. Is it a vast difference in the amount of sun light and warmth from the 2 screen weaves?

Also can you show pics of these billy bibs for the water? We are discussing that and electrical outlets right now. I am thinking we could have the conduit ran under the deck and have the outlet either attach to the screen support on the vertical post below the chair rail or even inside the support itself if it is hollow. Did you do any outlets around the screen along with the water bibs?

The difference in screen size per square inch is minimal. Either standard 14x18 or 17x20 which I have. I recommend twitchel superscreen. I used that on my last build. Due to size constraints on the panoramic opening I had to use ultra screen. Both are a polyester blend -stronger. I am not sure on the sun blockage. suntanning under pool enclosure is not ideal. Pool enclosures do affect water temps about 5-7 degrees cooler. If you have a darker pool finish it is a wash. My pool temp currently is 82 with all the rain last two weeks. If no seums is a concern standard screens let them in. Here is a pic of the billy bib. They work excellent. You can order online and have screen co. install it.

I ran the electrical under the deck prior to install with a stub out for my kitchen. I also put an outlet to power my bistro lighting in the fascia of the house. They fish the wire to your desired location.
I will take a pic of the lights I hung on a dimmer switch[emoji41]
a4e07b712f7a373ca0bfd05d8ebc2dd1.jpg

I wanted to share
fa2eb6c7028b4283494fb8ea18f19554.jpg
4b44d220a3bb21b89d25ec6500ba80b1.jpg
c24d62bf6a6f2ac3bc3fa356f64ac1d3.jpg
5b614fb5e9dcc293b92f7c8593c7f690.jpg
10713201d75ddc905e99aceda8c0ff81.jpg
f677cad375513eb416f03d9482448160.jpg
some night shots. I added outdoor lighting and bistro lighting on a dimmer around pool cage and led lighting to the outdoor kitchen! Love the bistro lighting it adds so much light! While staring at the panoramic opening on the pool cage we built I wanted to project an image right on the pool screen. We couldn't believe how good the quality was from my mini office projector. The image was like 10x20' wide
a9cca9bbb91f182ba637c64f09e9320c.jpg
7955ccec49c11881d29425baca8255af.jpg
and a sure hit for kids and parties. No need for a drop down screen now. I included a still shot. Much better quality person [emoji41]

STUNNING!!! Oh me, oh my that is SO pretty!!!! LOVE the lights on the grill area! WOW!

I like the dimmer idea. Can change the mood so much with that. Well done!

That movie screen is something else for sure! What a nice touch!

Kim:kim:

Wow that is just projected on the screen, not a white back drop?

The lights look awesome! Thanks for sharing the bib too. We finally got our electrical sorted out. Only have 2 areas away from the house that meet code and are 10 feet away from the pool. I was thinking of stringing lights around like you did so its good to see how it looks. The dimmer was a great idea! We have a hose bib on the side of the house and it will be inside the screen so may not need other areas but good to know about the billy bib too.

As far as the screen, right now we have it contracted for a 14/18 I believe but the noseeum screen would be an 18/20 I think. I had thought about doing the pet screen on the lower portions bc worried the dog might scratch it but figured we would replace any areas he may damage later. Had also thought about having portions of the roof done with a glass type material to provide more rain coverage like the roof on the house but again may have to wait.

Wow that is just projected on the screen, not a white back drop?

The lights look awesome! Thanks for sharing the bib too. We finally got our electrical sorted out. Only have 2 areas away from the house that meet code and are 10 feet away from the pool. I was thinking of stringing lights around like you did so its good to see how it looks. The dimmer was a great idea! We have a hose bib on the side of the house and it will be inside the screen so may not need other areas but good to know about the billy bib too.

As far as the screen, right now we have it contracted for a 14/18 I believe but the noseeum screen would be an 18/20 I think. I had thought about doing the pet screen on the lower portions bc worried the dog might scratch it but figured we would replace any areas he may damage later. Had also thought about having portions of the roof done with a glass type material to provide more rain coverage like the roof on the house but again may have to wait.

Yep, that is projected right on the screen material.
The bistro lighting was easy to install, I used some of the same screws on the pool cage and drilled new ones too. I purchased the dimmable led set from amazon the heavy duty one...and used metal/rubber clamp loops to secure the wire. This loop allowed for adjusting the drop and such. 95% of pool screens are your typical 14 x 18. As mentioned you will cut down on sun on any screen enclosure. Check out: SUPER SCREEN The Only Indestructible Screen Mesh. 10 yr Warranty. I used this on my last build and it was awesome! May solve all your concerns including the pets...Keep me posted. Due to my panoramic opening exceeding their roll size I had to use another brand that is similar. I too was looking into the florida glass screen to cover the kitchen area. My screen builder did not recommend it. It leaks and they will not warranty it. I am looking into a possible cedar pergola on the kitchen area with a polycarbonate roof pitched to keep the area shady and weatherproof...

We changed to suntuff poly carbonate to cover our summer kitchen 2 years ago and we love it. Look at out summer kitchen build in the sig bar:cheers:

Yep, that is projected right on the screen material.
The bistro lighting was easy to install, I used some of the same screws on the pool cage and drilled new ones too. I purchased the dimmable led set from amazon the heavy duty one...and used metal/rubber clamp loops to secure the wire. This loop allowed for adjusting the drop and such. 95% of pool screens are your typical 14 x 18. As mentioned you will cut down on sun on any screen enclosure. Check out: SUPER SCREEN The Only Indestructible Screen Mesh. 10 yr Warranty. I used this on my last build and it was awesome! May solve all your concerns including the pets...Keep me posted. Due to my panoramic opening exceeding their roll size I had to use another brand that is similar. I too was looking into the florida glass screen to cover the kitchen area. My screen builder did not recommend it. It leaks and they will not warranty it. I am looking into a possible cedar pergola on the kitchen area with a polycarbonate roof pitched to keep the area shady and weatherproof...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.