New FL Build - 5 Years Almost done planning

If you stick with the raised spa, I would consider 18" instead of 24" for easier getting in/out. 18" is about the seat height of most chairs. At 24" you're getting into the area where some people would need an extra step.

Our sun shelf is 12" and we find it to be a good depth (so far - new pool this summer). One challenge with the depth is that some of the loungers are only built for up to 9" and will float away in deeper water. The deep version of the Ledge Lounger has you almost completely out of the water at 12" depth. We ended up going with Destination Lounger, which works in 12" and covers us about as much as we'd like - which is of course personal taste. Not something we'd considered when we were designing the pool, but since you have the loungers in your rendering I thought it worth mentioning. Beautiful design!

Got a new equipment list from the PB and a couple of design changes.

Am I right that I don't need Screenlogic with the Intelli Center?
Next step is to finalize where lights go.

Pool Structure: guaranteed 4000 PSI Gunite concrete to construct the pool structure with min of 6-inch walls and #3 rebar placed 12 inches on center.
• Pool size in envelope: 28’6’ x 33’10” (Middle Width 13')
• Pool water-depth from shallow end to the deepest at the pool main drain: 3’ to 6’
• Pool size in Gallons: 17,130 • Water surface area square footage: 765
• Pool interior surface square footage: 1,373
• Benches and steps per plan
• Sun-Shelf: 18’6” x 11’6’’ 1 – Umbrella sleeves in sun-shelf Depth 8" to 24"
• Pebble Tec pool interior UPGRADED to Pebble Sheen Blue Granite
• Glass waterline and spa beam exterior tile (NPT Lightwaves 1x1 Sea Green)
• Split-face travertine cladding on sides & back of both 9’ L x 3’ H Water-fall features
• Spot tile on bench/steps/sun-shelf edges
• MDX R3 Main drain system
• 2 sets of dual main drains for custom water-wells
• 6 - Pool wall returns • 1 – Paraskim Venturi Skimmer
• 3 - Market leading Pentair IntelliFlo VSF high-efficiency circulation pumps (One pump per Waterfall)
• 2 - Pentair Clean & Clear 200 GPM Cartridge Filtration Systems
• Pentair I-C60 Salt-Water Pool Chlorination & Sanitation System
• 6 – GloBright Color LED Pool lights
• 3 – GloBright Color LED Shallow water lights
• UV Light pool water sanitation system
• Pentair Intelli-Center Pool & Spa Automation & Control (Dual systems)
• Screen Logic 2 Wireless control & operation (works via smartphone app download or PC)
• Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 natural gas or propane heater (Gas hook-up/tank not included)
• Multi-level travertine deck and 12” bullnose or straight edge pool & step coping
• Pool Auto-Fill
• 2 – 9’ L x 3’ H x 2’ D custom waterfalls with 4 floor returns.

Attachments

• Ragbeer_003.jpg
    Ragbeer_003.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 59
  • Ragbeer_004 (1).jpg
    Ragbeer_004 (1).jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Ragbeer_001 (1).jpg
    Ragbeer_001 (1).jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Ragbeer_002 (2).jpg
    Ragbeer_002 (2).jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 59
No screenlogic required for the Intellicenter. I would ditch the UV. I am removing the UV my PB installed, because I didn't do my homework on these systems prior to signing the contract.

You can search the forums here for UV sanitation and determine for yourself. The general consensus is that it is not necessary for an outdoor pool. There are other reasons as well, but you should come to your own conclusions on whether it will work for you, don't just listen to the PB.

--Jeff

No screenlogic required for the Intellicenter. I would ditch the UV. I am removing the UV my PB installed, because I didn't do my homework on these systems prior to signing the contract.

You can search the forums here for UV sanitation and determine for yourself. The general consensus is that it is not necessary for an outdoor pool. There are other reasons as well, but you should come to your own conclusions on whether it will work for you, don't just listen to the PB.

--Jeff
Thanks for confirming the Screenlogic question for me.
The UV is removed, PB just has it still listed.

Do you know if you're getting a bundled IntelliCenter system? That'll include the WiFi client bridge which you'll need to connect your your local network unless you plan on using Ethernet wiring.

Disappointed.....the PB is telling us the waterfall walls won't work they way we want the the blubbers and spill over, with the reason being that the blubbers will cause the spill to be too choppy.
Now we have to do just the waterfall or come up with something else for those too spots.
Any ideas?
My wife is thinking to turn them into a pillar with a water bowl on top.

Darn! Did not really think about that but what he says makes sense :(

I DO love the idea of the pillar with a water bowl on top...............did you know there are water/fire bowls???? SO pretty!! Do a search and let us know what you and your wife think!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I DO love the idea of the pillar with a water bowl on top...............did you know there are water/fire bowls???? SO pretty!! Do a search and let us know what you and your wife think!

We do like them, but with the fireplace in the middle I think the lighted ones would get more use. But I agree they do look good.

How does this look?
We can change the wall spouts for water bowls. I was also thinking to push the wall back a foot and put 3 of the laminar jets in front of the wall.

Attachments

• poolwall1.jpg
    poolwall1.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 51
  • poolwall2.jpg
    poolwall2.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 50
I like the wall spouts-RAHHHHHH says that lion! I do not care for the two different "walls". What I would love to see would be the bubblers (2) to be where they are on both side then the a lion being on each pillar. A wall on each side with two bubblers each and a lion on each pillar. So 4 bubblers and 4 lions.

I like the wall spouts-RAHHHHHH says that lion! I do not care for the two different "walls". What I would love to see would be the bubblers (2) to be where they are on both side then the a lion being on each pillar. A wall on each side with two bubblers each and a lion on each pillar. So 4 bubblers and 4 lions.
We are not doing two different ones the PB just did one side so we can compare.
Do mean to leave two bubblers where they currently are and do the lion spouts on the the two ends?

lion pool.png

Left side--two bubblers in the trough & at lion on each side. I do worry about keeping the trough clean.

Right side (just came up with this one). Lower the tall pillars and have two lions. For some reason I don't care for the taller pillars on this.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.