Jul 27, 2018
South of Dallas, TX
Not one to leave well enough alone I couldn't help myself with the pool my wife wanted. She didn't realize it would be a new hobby for me (like I need another one).

So I kept an eye on the price for a few filter/pump combos during the cold season and grabbed a Pentair setup I thought would work for me. Then it was on to gathering the PVC, skimmer and jets I needed.

I kept the old filter running today while I plumbed up the new one. I'll be cutting into the liner tomorrow. My son is going to help me even though he is really nervous about taking a knife to it.

I am swapping the return and suction sides since the new pump is set up opposite my old one.

IMG_20190528_182636.jpgIMG_20190528_182757.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of the skimmer from the outside? I noticed it's not flush to exterior pool wall, but interior is. My walls slant in a lot and puts skimmer at angle so I won't install it, even though I NEED it really bad. That hanging skimmer basket sucks. ThanQ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.