New F/Glass build DownUnder - Adelaide - What have I let myself in for?... :)

Haven't posted in here for a while... Construction has been slow over the last month or so.

However - work is now progressing again....:)

Last weekend saw the footing for the glass fence being carved out.

Overall footing size is approx. 450mm deep and 350mm wide.

My building mate will be back again this Saturday to complete drain installation work (PVC pipes already passed through footing) and start on back-filling operations around the pool perimeter in readiness for paving...!

fJ24gm.jpg

Steel cage/form-work was installed today and concrete was poured just this afternoon.

plWoUV.jpg

Water is up at a balmy 30°C so we have been swimming in the pool as much as we can. Summer is just around the corner for us here in Aus...:kim:

Swimming in my off season... How dare you! I just had to shut down my SWG (cold water)!! At least you're not as bad as those pesky Floridians, who swim all year-round...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's coming along real well!

Hey do they allow you to put water in before the pool fence is up down there? Mostly curious or are there other conditions in the meantime, like locked boundary fence or something?

Hi Jet....

Pool fence is required as soon as water is placed unto pool - However you don't require a permanent fence right away.

We use a temporary construction style (non-climbable) fence while the rest of the work requires completion.

Ideally by law I think you get approx. 2 months after handover from the PB to sort out your 'permanent' fence.

I actually had a call from the council this week to see how all was progressing and I mentioned to them that the permanent fence should be in in approx 2 weeks time.

I then just need to arrange for the council to pop around and do a final inspection in regards to the fencing requirements. Might be too close to Xmas so maybe in the 1st/2nd week of Jan.

One other thing with my property is that there is no general access down the sides of my house so no one can actually enter my back yard without me letting them in.. :)

Oh OK, so the construction fence is required until the permanent fence goes in, but you can fill the pool. That's better than here I'd say, and just as safe. We had to have the permanent fence in and passed before the pool could be filled, so that meant fence before plaster.

Wow, almost there. Your tiled plant room is awesome. So much attention to detail and a spare VironXT.

I have to assume your happy with the VironXT, I’m on the hunt for equipment for a new pool build next year and the VironXT is on the top of my list. I was very surprised yesterday to find that both Astral or Waterco don’t offer any direct technical support for their products - go to your local pool shop they say, and that’s been a bit interesting.

How did you select your equipment, a mix of Waterco and Astral?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.