New DIY Pool in Arizona - Help appreciated

aeclar1

May 31, 2022
Chandler, AZ
Hello all,
I just got done with a terrible 3yr process of building my home in Chandler. to say the least i am fed up with subcontractors and managing the project myself. Yet here i am, considering now doing the backyard/pool myself. My initial plan was to hire one of the local pool builders for the pool, hardscape, landscape, fire/water features etc. but the price tag for my initial conceptual drawings was a little shocking.

Really hoping someone on here can give me some pointers and referrals from subs/designers/contractors they have used and were pleased with. I have been reading some forums and it seems that many have used a pool consultant to help with the drawings, permit submissions, and sub-contractor recommendations. I think that may be the route i want to go, if i can save 30% or so vs. using a big pool company.

I also see online that there are companies who charge as little as $1800 and some $3500+ to help design, create plans, and help you find subs. Companies such as DIY Pools, BYOP etc. Any good experiences here?

I'd like to get any names of consultants who you think would be a great fit for me, appreciate it.

Browse the link below for threads about phoenix owner builds...

And...

Thank you Allen,
I have been through i believe all of the threads you had recommended and i have written a couple PM's to folks that have done AZ pools yet dont have any responses. At this stage i was really hoping to get some good referrals, ESPECIALLY a consultant or someone who can do my drawings. would like to get things moving asap. Any help you or anyone else can give i'd really appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.