New contract / New build - SE Pennsylvania, Gunite free form pool and spa

I haven’t plowed through this whole thread, but I see you are in Pennsylvania & will have the ability to reverse flow of main drains.. so I’m betting lunch this is an AS build?? If so, don’t mettle with their piping layout, let them do their thing- they have been doing the reverse flow for decades.

Oh yes, A&S build and leaving the solar recirc as is, but adding in (2) dedicated floor returns. :)

On other news - had a consult with our landscape/hardscape guy last Friday and he managed to take some flyover/drone shots to help with design/layout. Very cool! I really respect/appreciated his insight and ideas as to how to ties things together, looking forward to looking at a cohesive design w/ everything tied in.

IMG_1594.jpgIMG_1596.jpg

Hoping it's a matter of day(s) or short weeks before we dig....

Attachments

• IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 379
Day 1 is done, they will have to pick up/continue tomorrow hopefully. They stopped working around 2:30 or so for some reason? The dump trucks were pretty slow getting here (they only had 1 at a time) and seemed to impact how quickly they could remove dirt. Progress nonetheless though :cool:
20180709_182246864_iOS.jpg

I’m glad to see they started! It was a 2 1/2 day dig for us. I guess the place where they dump the dirt closes early for you too. That’s why they ended early each day for us.

That's actually validating to hear - most of the PB sales guys (including mine) often say they work to get everything done in a day almost every time. We did have the issue with the dirt unloading place (Linvilla orchards) closing at 3 here as well, now it makes sense. :)

Oh man! So excited you're finally digging!!!

You definitely have 0 need for that dirt? Just make sure they aren't double dipping.. charging you to haul it away, and charging you to bring back different dirt.. because it's different.

Oh man! So excited you're finally digging!!!

You definitely have 0 need for that dirt? Just make sure they aren't double dipping.. charging you to haul it away, and charging you to bring back different dirt.. because it's different.

Oh, I can guarantee I'll need some topsoil, just very hard to estimate just how much at this point. I know they (Landscaper via PB) already factored in bringing in some dirt for the sides and supporting areas of the waterfall and for retaining wall. Hard to avoid in this case, don't want to wind up with a tri-axle or two of unusable dirt unfortunately. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep, totally understand. Just wishing someone like you was right down the road since I'm paying for my landscaper to bring ~700 yards of fill and ~300 yards of loam... :puker:

700 Yard of fill??!? OMG! That's crazy. I believe each tri-axle is 15 yards or so here, that's insane!

In other news, the dig has completed! I'm very thankful we did not hit any rock. First thought - WOW this looks pretty huge, haha. :) The pool itself is 46' long plus another 7' for the sunshelf by design, on paper that didn't seem as massive as this looks in person.

20180710_191416098_iOS.jpg20180710_190739473_iOS.jpg20180710_184333772_iOS.jpg

wow, wow, wow! That's big!

We were a little shocked after seeing it fully dug out, haha. I don't think we'll complain much though. :)

Now get your plans and a tape measure. It is wide, long, deep, etc enough? Add about 8 in inches for steel, gunite, and plaster.

Plan to do that tonight - We're spec'd for 8" walls all around and I imagine they need room for plumbing underneath (drains, returns) so I'd expect depth to be 8+ feet in the deep end.

Kids loved taking a look as well -

20180710_233128140_iOS.jpg20180710_231622585_iOS.jpg

LOVE that she has on her suit!!! My goodness they are SO cute!!!!

Kim:kim:

Thanks :smile: We think so too but we're a bit biased haha.

Steel is in!! They showed up at 630 this morning bright and early.

20180712_214531210_iOS.jpg20180712_214805012_iOS.jpg

Rough plumbing and inspections schedule for next week. Let's hope gunite is quick to follow. :)

Looking good!! Man that thing is massive.. It will definitely be impressive when all said and done!

Unfortunately it won't be some time before it's "done" - it will be a brtual wait, hah. At least we're making some decent progress now. Plumbing and township inspections scheduled for this coming week.

Well no progress this past week unfortunately, but not shocking I suppose. Plumbing is scheduled for next week but we have rain in the forecast for the next 7+ days so not too hopeful anything will actually happen.

I did pick up a drone and have been playing with some pictures / video - that's been fun at least :)

DJI_0049.jpg

OH that is neat!!! LOVE it!

Might want to have a talk with your PB about the danger of dirt collapse due to the rain. It will be on him to fix it if/when it happens.....they can "flash" it with a thin layer of gunite to protect it.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.