New contract / New build - SE Pennsylvania, Gunite free form pool and spa

Love it!!! Know the finial water color will not been known for a little while. It will take time for the plaster to cure and the water to balance. There might even be a hint of green so don't worry!

Thanks Kim! Looking forward to seeing to filled and started. We have startup scheduled for Friday morning, at this rate I'm guessing it will be full either later tonight or early tomorrow AM. I also picked up some supplies from Lowes/HD (acid, bleach, pucks, etc). I'm guessing I'll have to grab some CYA as well unless the PB provides it.

Action shot from the security cam attached

Attachments

• 20190417_141021613_iOS.jpg
    20190417_141021613_iOS.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: NorCalX
If I was getting a freeform pool, standing in line behind you, I'd just say, I'll take what he/she's getting. Gorgeous setting and pool!

I predict your kids Easter break will include some pool brushing?

If I was getting a freeform pool, standing in line behind you, I'd just say, I'll take what he/she's getting. Gorgeous setting and pool!

I predict your kids Easter break will include some pool brushing?

Thank you! Very nice of you to say. Definitely LOTS of brushing coming up. :)

Finished filling at 2:30 AM this morning, it's been a long morning since I never fell back asleep. Worth it though! Pic attached of my view last night / early this morning. The wife said "OMG our back yard now looks like a resort!" Got to love that.

Attachments

• 20190418_063520923_iOS.jpg
    20190418_063520923_iOS.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190418_104651282_iOS.jpg
    20190418_104651282_iOS.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
That just might be the nicest pool/backyard I have ever seen. Awesome job on everything!!

Ha! Very nice of you to say but there are much much nicer on here. Thank you though! You've got to come over and hang one of these days for a few beers and audio session. :)

WOWZER!!! You did it! You really did it! That does look awesome!!!! ?

Thank you Kim for the compliment and for all the help along the way. Really looking forward to startup tomorrow and 'testing' the water features. :)

First set of readings with my TF-100 - really looking forward to adding chems after startup.

FC = 0.5
PH = 8.2 (no surprise here)
CH - 150
TA - 60
CYA - didn't test but assumed 0 as my tap water was 0

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CYA has to be added so it would be 0.

Ask if they will be doing anything about the CH and the CYA. You need to get some muratic acid to have on hand.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim, I was going to ask before I buy anything I’ve already picked up 8 gallons of full strength acid earlier this week. :) I also have some bleach, de powder, and and pucks to help increase cya as well for now.

OMG, that looks amazing! I cant' wait to see it full. BTW thanks for the reply on the heater...for some reason I don't get notifications anymore and I'd forgotten all about it. We ended up asking the guy selling it what size pool he had and it was quite a bit smaller than ours so we passed.

Reactions: Gorilla83
OMG, that looks amazing! I cant' wait to see it full. BTW thanks for the reply on the heater...for some reason I don't get notifications anymore and I'd forgotten all about it. We ended up asking the guy selling it what size pool he had and it was quite a bit smaller than ours so we passed.

Thank you very much! Some recent pics from today's startup attached. We LOVE the waterfall. Good call on the heater, I think you will be a bit happier going bigger :)

Attachments

• 20190419_140251056_iOS.jpg
    20190419_140251056_iOS.jpg
    771.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 20190419_162033427_iOS.jpg
    20190419_162033427_iOS.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 100
Startup complete today! Had a few hiccups as the tech didn't know pentair equipment at all. I pretty much had to do all the Easytouch programming myself, which is sort of what I expected. Added a gallon of acid and 6lbs of DE through the skimmer. He said no chlorine for 2 days and not to add any calcium increaser or CYA additions (except for pucks) for 14 days. Does that sound right? I was anticapting on bumping up the calcium and cya sooner. From what I've read each puck should add 2.2PPM of CYA (8oz pucks) anyway and I'll be using them for 30 days until I can go to salt.

Other fix items:
-Easytouch is not communicating with my pumps and I can't set the speed, have to do it manually for now. I checked the cables and all the settings look to be good to go through the setup config. Hmm. Any thoughts?
-All 3 fittings blew out of the splashdowns after about 1 minutes, lol. Guess they need to be pressed in or something

Attachments

• pump 1 setup.JPG
    pump 1 setup.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
  • pump 2 setup.JPG
    pump 2 setup.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 11
@Jimrahbe @bmoreswim These two fella should be able to help you with the pump.

That water fall!!!!! WOWZER!!! Those came out GREAT!!! Are trying to keep people from crawling up in them with those rocks LOL I bet that does work IF they are glued in!!!

Here is our link to plaster start up BUT what your PB says goes so run this by him as HE holds the warranty card!
Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool

Reactions: Gorilla83
@Jimrahbe @bmoreswim These two fella should be able to help you with the pump.

That water fall!!!!! WOWZER!!! Those came out GREAT!!! Are trying to keep people from crawling up in them with those rocks LOL I bet that does work IF they are glued in!!!

Here is our link to plaster start up BUT what your PB says goes so run this by him as HE holds the warranty card!
Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool

Thanks for tagging the help! I sent an email over to the PB but don't expect a ton of help anytime soon from them.

Oh, and there is a ton of mortar on all the rock work, haha.

Soooo awesome! A&S better use ur pool for thier national add!

Hey you guys getting crushed with that storm tonight. I know we are and isn’t is suppose to be worse down by you?

I heard we're supposed to get 2" of rain or so in a short period, we'll see. :)

Figured I'd include a short action video as well -

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.