New Construction Started - Willis, TX (north of Houston)

I don't know how likely they are to fail.
Nor I. However if any do, cutting them out and not having enough pipe left to add a coupling and reinstall seems like asking for trouble.
I keep checking in on the progress of this pool build, but when I walk in, I seemed to have actually walked into an engineering class, and slowly walk out. Interesting stuff!

View attachment 430117
Spot on. Much of it is over my head but I've learned a lot, as well which have enabled me to make changes for a better functioning pool and avoid potential equipment damage (specifically the heater). As James, who has been such a great source of information said, pool builders don't necessarily do the math, but build based on what they've done in the past which probably worked/sufficed.

After conferring the the PB and their plumber regarding my plumbing plan, I am hoping to start long plumb next week. So, stay tuned. Pretty pictures are forthcoming. ;^)

Check with @wgipe for the specifics on the flow switch.

Here is a different model.

No word from Harwil regarding placing an order with them.

I can get the Raypak 007142F, which is readily available (Harwil has a two week lead time) and at a nominal higher cost, and may go that route. However, it seems to function a bit differently using flow switch paddles to set the flow rate?

New topic - acid pump. I've been advised that I may not have room on my pad so I suggested a pre-plumb in the event I wanted to add and figure our a retrofit. I've read some opinions that the Pentair system (perhaps the tank?) can be problematic, therefore I'm considering a Stenner pump. Thoughts?

I found these threads enlightening:

I've read some opinions that the Pentair system (perhaps the tank?) can be problematic, therefore I'm considering a Stenner pump. Thoughts?
I've only had my IntelliPH for a couple months but I've had no problems so far. Works great!

My fill water TA is 140 and with evaporation in the AZ heat, my IntelliPH is dosing about a 1/2 gallon of acid per week. Glad I'm no longer pouring that in manually.

Reactions: Duffatola
Unknown at this time what those levels are in our water.
You should get a good test kit and check out your supply water to know what to expect.

In my opinion, an acid pump can encourage overdosing acid and then chasing the total alkalinity.

In some cases, an acid pump can be a good convenience, but you want to avoid over treating the pH and keeping it too low.

Worse case scenario, I pre-plumb and decide later. I just need to know the type of tee bushing/fitting for the acid injector so I can advise the plumber. I can just cap it off until I make a decision.

I've read a bit about test kits in the past and the TF-100 seems to be recommended and popular?

1656692690018.png

In my opinion, an acid pump can encourage overdosing acid and then chasing the total alkalinity.
Could you expand on this?

I try to maintain my pH between 7.6 and 7.8. I did that when I dosed manually and I'm doing that with my acid pump. When dosing manually I added enough acid every couple of days to stay in that range. When dosing with my acid pump, I set the controller to the percentage that maintains that range.

I would actually argue that dosing manually might encourage people to overdose so they don't have to add acid as often.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keeping the pH as high as (reasonably) possible helps maintain the CSI without using a lot of acid.

I would try to keep the pH in the 7.9 to 8.0 range if CO2 outgassing is an issue.

This allows for a lower TA while maintaining a good CSI.

A higher pH and a lower TA reduce CO2 in the water.

Feeders are typically set too low which drives down TA and then you are adding baking soda to compensate.

If you can set the feeder to 7.9 to 8.0, then it might be helpful.

I've only had my IntelliPH for a couple months but I've had no problems so far. Works great!

My fill water TA is 140 and with evaporation in the AZ heat, my IntelliPH is dosing about a 1/2 gallon of acid per week. Glad I'm no longer pouring that in manually.
Question regarding the injector installation. Dos the kit come with a fitting to use with PVC or only the saddle clamp? The PVC fitting image is from another thread (Stenner Acid Pump up and running) and is a 2"x1/2" NPT Tee that the injector screws in to.

1656694437159.png 1656694623560.png

Is the black fitting the tube adapter connects to threaded where it connects to the saddle clamp?
View attachment 431002
Yes.

BTW, the factory puts teflon tape on the black fitting that screws into the saddle clamp mount. But, I had a very small leak at that location so I had to remove the fitting and add more tape. If you decide to buy the IntelliPH, just add more tape to that fitting before screwing it in.

Reactions: Duffatola
1657541809985.png
You probably don't need the check valve or the two-way in front of the pump.

Barring any delays, plumbing is scheduled for today and I'm reviewing the plan.

I wound up deleting/removing the suction valve to the water feature pump but am not second guessing. I don't want to buy another 3" XF valve if I don't have to but Pentair recommends one before the pump in order to service it. I'm wondering if it's actually needed or Pentair is padding their valve sales.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.